double crochet hooks

sfgwife

Question

9 answers to this question

What can you make with these? How hard are they to learn to use and such. I have seen them but never tried them. Thanks, NIkki

It is similar to the afghan/tunisian stitch, but allows you to make a piece reversible with a different color on each side. Here is a page that explains:

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art17908.asp

For more info, google "croknit".

Joan

I agree! It does take some getting use to! I just made a reversible cowl/hat that can be worn four different ways using the hook.:hook

I was lucky enough to be gifted a set of these hooks and love them. I haven't had as much time to devote to them as I'd like but it does take some getting used to. It is a lot of fun though and the stitches look so neat the way they come out. Give it a try!

Can anyone tell me where you can get the caps for the smaller double ended crochet hooks? I have the larger "M" hook and the caps for that are too large for the smaller hooks.

It is similar to the afghan/tunisian stitch, but allows you to make a piece reversible with a different color on each side. Here is a page that explains:

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art17908.asp

For more info, google "croknit".

Joan

I have a set of these that my future MIL gave me. I've made dishcloths and a baby bib with them. But she also gave me pattern books for baby blankets (I want to try one of these soon as a doll blanket for a friend), dishcloths, and stuffed animals. I have the materials for the stuffed animals, but haven't had the time to sit and make them.

I also got the big book of different stitches for them too. It looks fun. :)

I've not seen any caps for the smaller hooks - would the ones used by knitters work?

I looked at the site and OMG she has left handed views also! I am a lefty and have a very hard time learning new things like this because I have a hard time learning from righties. ;) I learned to crochet eons ago from my aunt and we sat facing each other and that was good. I tried to kniot but it was all for righties too so I gave up til I can find someone close to me who can knit and I can sit in front of them too. Thanks for all your help ladies. Nikki

Archived