it's so bad, i wanna give crochet up!!!

i am just finally almost done umpacking when i decided to get my stash all put away. i opened one box and the first thing i saw was this pretty yellow baby girl sweater i had made late last year... when i picked it up there was this nasty yucky small worm on it!!! ( i am mortified of all little living things!!! ) it was small and brown and it skin was what looked like made of small little rings, yuk. i immediately threw it back in the box and hubby came running to see what was going on. i told him to just throw away the box, i am not dealing with it. we then looked at the other yarn i had and that one looked ok... funny because all the natural fiber box seemed ok. the one that was bad was the one that contained lots of acrylic w/ some wool. i just got myself a big rubbermaid box and some moth balls... but now i'm freaked out and don't even want to be in the same room as those yucky horrible things... i love crocheting and yet i can't even touch the darn yarn!!!!!

:think Remember that these creatures are smaller than you.:think

Use the cedar blocks or Lavender Essential oil on a cloth, to repel the little critters for the future.

Put everything into plastic bags and put into the freezer for a few days. This is the best way to stop re-infestation.

Take your stash outside to open it up and give it all a good airing.

Then a wash with some lavender in the rinse water and "Hey Presto", good as new.

:eek I hate it when you find the holes made by the common moth, then you have a problem because they usually eat the place that is the hardest to fix and disguise, like centre front.:eek

I really do hope that you have not thrown everything out.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

PS Finding bugs like this is not a sign that you are not a clean person, probably the opposite.

Take a deep breath and relax :hug Sounds like you're just overwhelmed :eek Just think if the yarn is messed up you can start fresh and just get a little at a time to replenesh your stash:hug

Thank goodness I haven't had any of those little critters here in Calif.. Please keep them there!!! I agree with the cedar blocks etc they repel a lot of little critters even fleas on dogs..

:hook

Ah, don't give up... I've found an icky thing now and again in a box of craft stuff... I just get big strong hubby to take care of it... of course he ends up doing something gross like squishing it in his hand...

I thought of you tonight. My husband came home with storage containers. They are by Rubbermaid and made with cedar. He purchased them for $6.00 at Home Depot. I think I am going to get more for my yarn.

lolol. sounds like my hubby too. he likes to slam him hand against the wall when he sees a spider to squish it... well it leaves a pretty interesting design on the wall. lolol. i actually found some lavender smelling moth balls. i bought them right after i found the nasty little thing. the moth ball actually doesn't smell bad. i'll look for cedar blocks next time i go out.

Ah, don't give up... I've found an icky thing now and again in a box of craft stuff... I just get big strong hubby to take care of it... of course he ends up doing something gross like squishing it in his hand...

Archived