my crochet was sighted

I was having lunch with my kids at a fast food place recently and while we were getting ready to sit at our table and eat, I helped my 5 year old get her coat off.

When I took her hat and scarf off, which I crocheted for her, an elderly couple was sitting across from us, and the lady looked at my daughter and said to her husband, "look how cute she is, that hat and scarf are so pretty'.

Her husband just nodded in agreement, then the lady said "I wonder who made her that set? its hand crochet I think"

the hubby shrugged and said "probably the grandmother", the wife agreed!:laughroll

lol!!!! I didnt say anything to them because they were talking to each other...loudly, mind you...lol...but they didnt even look at me or ask me who made the set. I was cracking up...lol

my mom cant even hold a crochet hook...lol ...much less make a hat and scarf set :hook

naida

How funny!

Wherever we go, my daughter gets compliments on the things I've made for her. People are so funny. Sometimes they ask who made it, sometimes they just compliment. Sometimes they ask if grandma made it.

My mom is the one who taught me how to crochet, but she doesnt' crochet as much anymore. I always get a smile from what people say.:manyheart

Archived