Favorite Crochet Book?

PBLKNP

What is everyone's favorite Crochet Book? I, for one, find "24-Hour Crochet Projects" by Rita Weiss to be indispensible. I've made several things from it as presents. The only gripe I have is that the projects do tend to take a bit more time than she says, but overall the results are worth it. I'm planning to have another go at the tank top this spring, for myself this time...PAM

What is everyone's favorite Crochet Book? I, for one, find "24-Hour Crochet Projects" by Rita Weiss to be indispensible. I've made several things from it as presents. The only gripe I have is that the projects do tend to take a bit more time than she says, but overall the results are worth it. I'm planning to have another go at the tank top this spring, for myself this time...PAM

I just had a free preview of that book and sent it back. There wasn't one item I liked in it! (It's amazing how different each one of us are!)

I really think the Crochet Encyclopedia from Donna Koler (I believe) is wonderful. If I ever need a stitch I look there first. Now to actually buy it as I've checked it out of the library way too many times!!!

Man, it's a toss up...I recently got the Donna Koler Crochet Encyclopedia and it really is wonderful...but I also like The Complete Stitchery Encyclopedia that is from the 70's...it has more than crochet in it, but the crochet stitches are indispensible...I currently love the Lion Brand Vintage Patterns for Today book...I have several books, so it's hard to pick one...

I gotta pick one?? :think Well when I was trying to learn I loved the Crochet School, I still look at it when I am trying a new stitch or just having a brain fart. :blush I love my Crochet Stitch Bible... I especially like the way that it lays flat. Yesterday I was partaking in retail therapy and purchased the Crochet Encylopedia (for a gift) .... now I will have to get another one when I get another JoAnns coupon. :lol

Elizabeth

I have tons of books, & most of them are my favorites! :blush

But...at the moment, its 200 crochet blocks, by jan eaton! Its fab!!! I so luv it!! There are so many awesome patterns, & they aren't just granny squares, they are awesome blocks of way kewl patterns, that you can use for tons of stuff!! Its so filled with info, like colors that go together, & stitches that go together, & there is some fantastic edgings, & calculating yarn amounts, & how hook size & yarn weight determines size of block, millions of ways to put blocks together to make some incredible patterns!! Can ya sorta tell, I really like this book? :clap

Archived