Three new hooks

BrianC

Hi,

I just finished three new hooks. They are all made of spalted maple burl. Each one is about 5 1/2 inches in overall length with the hook extending about 1 inch from the handle. From top to bottom they are a #8, #10, #12 all Boye steel hooks.

Katchkan gets first choice in these but what she does not take I will offer to the group members on a first come first serve basis at $19 plus postage.

Crochethooks.jpg

Brian

Hi Brian - and welcome! I sent you a pm requesting the #8 if Kathy passes it up and I've been lucky enough to be first in line (keeping my fingers crossed!). I'm hoping this insomnia will have been good for something. :lol

You do some beautiful work with gorgeous wood - I saw the items you made for Kathy and was deeply impressed by your handiwork.

To all, I must say that Crochetville is developing into a crocheter's dream of a resource on so many levels! We are attracting some truly gifted people to join us here, a real win-win situation as far as I'm concerned - and I'm thrilled with these developments!

Again, welcome Brian! I look forward to seeing more of your handiwork. The hook you posted as your intro was certainly very intriguing looking and a pretty good way to start things off! :hook

those are GORGEOUS! i love maple..

but rarely use anything smaller than a #7 ..maybe next go ..

I agree with Elizabeth. Maybe we can see # 7 in the future? At least a couple?:hook

Well folks the number 8 hook found a home with me. Sorry Goldie but It just fit my hand so nice. Brian promised me, he could make you another one though. I am lucky since I get to play guinea pig and try all these out. I did send him home though with lots of hooks and ideas.

Katchkan did indeed send me home with ideas. Now I have more ideas than time. I also got a shipment of palm nuts of different varieties and will be making a case for hooks using some interesting materials.

Well folks the number 8 hook found a home with me. Sorry Goldie but It just fit my hand so nice. Brian promised me, he could make you another one though. I am lucky since I get to play guinea pig and try all these out. I did send him home though with lots of hooks and ideas.

Yes, I pouted for a moment (just a brief moment! :D). However:

those are GORGEOUS! i love maple..

but rarely use anything smaller than a #7 ..maybe next go ..

And it's funny, I just now got back around to this thread (after being forced offline for a whole day by computer woes, now fixed). I had responded to Brian's pm back to me about Kathy stealing that number 8 (just kidding, Kathy!) and asked him if there was a possibility of getting this in a 6 or 7 since those are the sizes I see called for the most in my pattern collections, and he said yes! So we should be seeing these larger sizes soon - I can't wait! :hook

Archived