I'm a New Hooker!

Guest Toez

Hi All! :wave

My name is Carrie, and I'm very excited to be a part of this message board! I'm a self taught beginning crocheter with a lot of desire to keep making beautiful (and in some cases, unusual) projects out of yarn!

I had wanted to learn for quite some time... but my mom is a knitter and had some reservations about me learning a craft so similar yet so very different from hers. But I persevered, and although a lot of my patterns haven't worked out as planned, I've loved the art (and act) of crocheting.

Also, I just rescued 2 grocery bags filled with worsted yarn from a neighbor's trash can (she has moved on to fancier yarns). Although I like those yarns too, Gramma used this kind... and if its good for Gramma, its definitely good for me! At least for now.:wink

I hope to communicate more with you all real soon!

Peace and Love :pump

Carrie

Hello Hooker Carrie! :rock

Sounds like you got a real SCORE with that yarn!

:welcome

Hi, Carrie! Welcome to Crochetville! :welcome :grouphug Good for you for recsuing that yarn! :)h The poor yarn! :help I'm glad its got a good home with you now. :pump

Rescued yarn is the BEST.. I'm an avid thrift store shopper for yarn. The trash is even better! Good for you!

Welcome to the forums. You will find it a great experience!

Archived