What to do...what to do..Ugly yarn

OK.. I was sifting thru my yarn stash today and came across the VERY FIRST :eek skein of yarn I bought myself. It's been moved several times and has been in the company of some great yarn. In fact, its almost got a personality now..lol. I bought this yarn to make some doll hair when I was doing a sewing project. It's yellow Homespun yarn. There is quite a lot of it left..but I don't know what to do with it? I think it deserves to be something! Any ideas? Yellow is my LEAST favorite color to crochet with, and I can't see myself wearing it either :think

Andrea

Do you remember those yellow smiley faces from the 1970s? (You can still see them at WalMart's). Back when they were popular (and of course, we're talking 30 years ago), I made a smiley face doll.

I crocheted a couple of yellow circles and a panel to attach to the two circles. I stitched them together, stuffing with batting as i went. I can't remember if I stitched the face on the circle or used felt.

Turned out good, and I think it wold be a good retro project.:clap

Yellow makes a great centre for Granny Squares, especially if you are using lots of brights with black as the accent colour.

Yellow is the most visible colour there is so you only ever need a small amount of it but it usually adds a bit of zing.

Have fun.

Colleen:cheer

If you have a pet or know someone who does, maybe the pet needs a comfortable blanket. I don't think they would care about the color!:P

I'm with Aggie May, use it as an accent color in some granny squares.

On a side note, I went to your blog, and I love your pictures! I've seen that Annie's Attic pattern for the crocheted baby girl dress with the rainbow rings before and you're the first one I know who actually made one! It turned out great. Your Sarah's room is lovely, the refurbished dresser beautiful, and of course the cocheted heart mobile is great. Is the big cat next to the flowers the same little Sasha who was rescued? If so, she sure did grow alot!

I'm with Aggie May, use it as an accent color in some granny squares.

On a side note, I went to your blog, and I love your pictures! I've seen that Annie's Attic pattern for the crocheted baby girl dress with the rainbow rings before and you're the first one I know who actually made one! It turned out great. Your Sarah's room is lovely, the refurbished dresser beautiful, and of course the cocheted heart mobile is great. Is the big cat next to the flowers the same little Sasha who was rescued? If so, she sure did grow alot!

Thank you for all your lovely comments :) I fell in LOVE with that rainbow ring dress pattern. I made it when I was about 2 months pregnant with my daughter. Funny you noticed the crocheted mobile! I forgot to post a photo that I made it.. lol And yes, that kitty is Sasha. She is our lap kitty :cat She is sleeping in my daughter's crib at the moment.. spoiled feline!! Our cat Sophie is the monster of the two..she weighs like 13lbs..

lol, what about the yellow yarn whooper? lol, it's on crochetville somewhere. very cute! i made one....

I did find that whooper pattern! How funny! May have to make it :devil

Do you remember those yellow smiley faces from the 1970s? (You can still see them at WalMart's). Back when they were popular (and of course, we're talking 30 years ago)

I remember there were stickers everywhere...groooovy.. lol It also gave me another idea..maybe a yellow M&M ? :think

Yellow makes a great centre for Granny Squares, especially if you are using lots of brights with black as the accent colour.

Yellow is the most visible colour there is so you only ever need a small amount of it but it usually adds a bit of zing.

Have fun.

Colleen:cheer

Ya know..this is pretty sad, but I've never made a granny square! :eek I need to jump on the bandwagon!

If you have a pet or know someone who does, maybe the pet needs a comfortable blanket. I don't think they would care about the color!:P

My cat thinks its her job to sit on whatever I'm in the process of crocheting. She wants to be "part" of the project I guess.. :D Im sure she'd put her nose up at anything I actually made for her.. after I'm done with things.. its a has-been in her eyes.. Aren't cats funny!

lol

I say do some type of crocheted project with the yarn. Frame the project and the label along with the pattern you use and a crochet hook and the year you bought the yarn and when you finished the project. Don't forget to add your signature, just for the fun of it. Would make a great memory of that skein of yarn lol, and a great memory to pass down through the years!! And if you ever become famous it would be great to have, one never knows!!

:)

When I have yarn that I am to cheap to toss, but I really don't want to use it for anything. I make pet toys. For my pets or friends pets... They really don't seem to care how ugly the yarn is.

Archived