"Waterlilies" Crochet-along

BluesForCP

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I apologize. I had no idea that just posting a photo of the afghan would be a violation of rules. I thought sharing a pattern was wrong, but not a picture.

Doesn't posting a picture encourage people to buy it, if in fact it were inprint? I'm confused to but am glad I got to see the picture in case I ever come across the pattern.

Doesn't posting a picture encourage people to buy it, if in fact it were inprint? I'm confused to but am glad I got to see the picture in case I ever come across the pattern.

Legally there is a question about whether or not the picture would fall under "fair use", but a quick relook at the rules for Crochetville show that they have decided to not allow photos. (I am not interested in a "fair use" debate - the mods have already made it clear in other threads that the rules are the rules and I respect that.) So, I also apology for encouraging the posting of the pic.

I'm going to try to get my hands on this leaflet because I do want to make the waterlilies afghan (wouldn't mind trying the other either - they are both so beautiful!). I have permission to scan and publish images of Annie's Attic items because I am one of their resellers, so if I can get the leaflet, I'll scan the images within the leaflet and post them at my store domain. Then everyone can see what it looks like and we won't have broken forum rules or violated copyright.

Cool Debi, so much to learn and read and remember. Yarn in the living room is calling out to me, so that will keep me out of trouble on the net for awhile. I too encouraged the picturer not knowing. Sorry folks.:eek

Legally there is a question about whether or not the picture would fall under "fair use", but a quick relook at the rules for Crochetville show that they have decided to not allow photos. (I am not interested in a "fair use" debate - the mods have already made it clear in other threads that the rules are the rules and I respect that.) So, I also apology for encouraging the posting of the pic.

I'm going to try to get my hands on this leaflet because I do want to make the waterlilies afghan (wouldn't mind trying the other either - they are both so beautiful!). I have permission to scan and publish images of Annie's Attic items because I am one of their resellers, so if I can get the leaflet, I'll scan the images within the leaflet and post them at my store domain. Then everyone can see what it looks like and we won't have broken forum rules or violated copyright.

Oy.

It seems to me that it is completely RIDICULOUS that Annie's Attic isn't moving on this sooner.

If one copy is going for $40 on Ebay, you would think they could sell a ton of these things at a reasonable cost.

Bah.

It looks like I'll be making this on my own...

Oy.

It seems to me that it is completely RIDICULOUS that Annie's Attic isn't moving on this sooner.

If one copy is going for $40 on Ebay, you would think they could sell a ton of these things at a reasonable cost.

Bah.

I haven't heard back from them yet either. :think

I emailed 1 of the sellers on ebay she sent me a pic of the waterlily afghan it is gorgeous

I also emailed Annie's Attic and informed them of the prices that this particular book is going for on ebay. It stated on their site it takes 3 weeks or more to get a reply.

With the resurgance of this lost art form, many of the old patterns would be most welcomed. I'm lucky my grandmother gave me a host of old workbaskets. They go from 1970-1992. I have every month and the special holiday books too.

Oh well I'll just keep a look out on ebay for this book.

I ended up putting in the bid for 1 of the books on ebay. I really want this book. The seller sent me pics of all the ghams yesterday. They are all too pretty to pass up.

Oy.

Bah.

Annie's is under DRG publishing. If you go to DRG's webpage, among other information, you find this statement:

"About Dynamic Resource Group (DRG)

Dynamic Resource Group is an 80-year-old family business, headquartered in Berne, Ind., and owned entirely by the Muselman family. Now in its third-generation as a privately owned company, DRG has two major business divisions; one in magazine and book publishing and consumer catalogs (DRG Publishing), and the other in subscription and product fulfillment (Strategic Fulfillment Group). SFG is located in a 140,000-square-foot fulfillment facility in Big Sandy, Texas, 100 miles east of Dallas. It offers clients a state-of-the-art unified database that facilitates the marketing and fulfillment of magazines, continuities and products, all under one roof."

I receive other magazines printed in Texas.. and some of them are VERY delayed because of the repercussions of the Katrina disaster. It's also possible that Annie's has to contact each of the designers and depending on the original contract, make new arrangments with them. A year doesn't seem all that out of line to me. We can't see all the things that need to happen behind the scenes. (I do understand frustration that things can't move faster).

I can officially join this CAL. I won 1 of the books from ebay. I'm just waiting to recieve it. I'll be able to make the Cathedral one also. From the pics the seller sent there are alot in this book that are beautiful.

Once I complete my graph-ghan project I can start on this.

Here's the new book listed on ebay--WITH PICS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANNIES-ATTIC-AWARD-WINNING-AFGHANS-CROCHET-PATTERNS_W0QQitemZ8255896890QQcategoryZ11797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow, what a great book! Why doesn't Annie's Attic reprint that one? The Waterlilies one is so unusual! I love that Jewel Mile-A-Minute one, too. Usually, I'm not a huge fan of mile-a-minute 'ghans. Hey, that rhymed!

I'd make this 'ghan next on my CAL list if I ever get the 63 squares done.... and could get the pattern book.

Wow, what a great book! Why doesn't Annie's Attic reprint that one? The Waterlilies one is so unusual! I love that Jewel Mile-A-Minute one, too. Usually, I'm not a huge fan of mile-a-minute 'ghans. Hey, that rhymed!

I'd make this 'ghan next on my CAL list if I ever get the 63 squares done.... and could get the pattern book.

It is in the pipeline to be reprinted..or so someone from DRG publishing told someone on another mailing list. I shared the response from DRG in an earlier post.

I should have my pattern book in a couple of days. I've got alot going on now, so once I see how difficult this will be, I can add it or put on the back burner.

There's another Award Winning Afghan book up for auction at eBay, if anyone is interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Crochet-Award-Winning-Afghans-Annies-Attic-10-Designs_W0QQitemZ8257478508QQcategoryZ11797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It seems like as soon as one gets auctioned off, another one pops up.

• 1 month later...
There's another Award Winning Afghan book up for auction at eBay, if anyone is interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Crochet-Award-Winning-Afghans-Annies-Attic-10-Designs_W0QQitemZ8257478508QQcategoryZ11797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It seems like as soon as one gets auctioned off, another one pops up.

Yes, the and the current one ending in 3+ hours is up to $46! :eek

I'd like to join in on this one! It would be my first CAL. I recently won the Annie's Afghan Pattern book on eBay (Ouch ~$45~) and had planned to do the cathedral, but it would be really inspiring to join a CAL and from what I could see in the teeny-tiny picture in the auction it looks like a nice one! I mean, how could I NOT love waterlilies! Now if my book would just get here *tapping fingers on table*

Archived