"Waterlilies" Crochet-along

BluesForCP

Would anyone like to do the Waterlilies afghan with me?

It is in the same Annie's Attic publication as the Cathedral Window CAL (http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9081). It is very pretty, and seems much easier.

I am using Lion's Brand Wool-ease. One sale at Jo-ann's for $2.29 a skein.

The leaflet is out of print, but there are rumors that they may re-publish.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Blues, I wouldn't mind joining you in this, but I have to first get a copy of the pattern. I'm looking for a good afghan pattern to start.

FYI for everyone, I contacted my sales rep for Annie's Attic and she told me that they aren't aware of any plans to reprint this leaflet, but gave me an email addy of someone that could give me info on permission to copy. Don't know if copies would mean a royalty payment to them or not, but as soon as I hear anything back, I'll let you know.

*GASP* I love this pattern- actually, the cathedral window and the granny's garden one are also on my most loved list. I'd love to get my mitts on this book, but no way can I spend forty bucks on it. If copies become available, I'm on it!

Then again, I have three -count'em three- 'ghans going right now, and hubby agreed to keep me in yarn as long as I am finishing projects. I can have no more than three going at once, and I have a baby round ripple to do for a March baby, so that will be the next one up. Sigh. It sure seemed like a reasonable agreement to make at the time! How was a newbie to know that it is so hard to not start evey beautiful project that comes along?

All of this to say- IF I get a pattern, I'd love to start this probably some time in the spring! :yay

Hi Blues, I wouldn't mind joining you in this, but I have to first get a copy of the pattern. I'm looking for a good afghan pattern to start.

FYI for everyone, I contacted my sales rep for Annie's Attic and she told me that they aren't aware of any plans to reprint this leaflet, but gave me an email addy of someone that could give me info on permission to copy. Don't know if copies would mean a royalty payment to them or not, but as soon as I hear anything back, I'll let you know.

I got permission from Gail (the lady who wrote to Annie's and got a reply) to post this email.

received on 11-21-05 from Annie's Attic rep. Marj Morgan

Good morning Gail,

Thank you for your inquiry to Pattern Services. We appreciate your interest in the pattern in Award-Winning Afghans #878301.

We are working on getting the patterns in the pattern book redone and printed in an updated pattern collection for future sales. We expect it will take us a year or more to get the publications ready.

Sincerely,

Marj Morgan

Pattern Services

I know Gail was inquiring about the Rose Cathedral Window pattern, so it's not clear if the Waterlillies will also be republished. But I'm betting that it will, because it is a pretty pattern.

To be sure it is republished, those who are interested should write to Annies or DRG publishing and ask about it.:)

I can't do this CAL right now, but I wanted to say that if you can get ahold of Annie's Pattern Club magazine #49, published in 1988, it has the Waterlilies pattern in it. There's a couple of auctions on eBay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7001719615&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/Annies-Pattern-Club-1988-See-items-listed-below_W0QQitemZ8252219007QQcategoryZ75576QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you search for "Annie's Attic Pattern club" you will have more luck than if you include the number 49 in it. Probably because the search engine only searches the title descriptions, I'm guessing. There are also some lots for sale with no description. You could send a message to the seller asking if #49 is in the lot.

Hope this was helpful.

Thanks Twinnish!

Okay, I bought the large lot, so my pattern is on the way. Count me in for the CAL.

If anyone else wants to join, I did an expanded search for the pattern club mags and you have to weed through them, but there are several auctions and buy it nows with Number 49 in it.

http://search-desc.ebay.com/annies-pattern-club-49_W0QQamp;sspagenameZhQ3ahQ3aadvsearchQ3aUSQQcatrefZC5QQfbdZ1QQfclZ3QQflocZ1QQfposZ13126QQfromZR6QQfrppZ50QQfsclZ1QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQfssZ0QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQftsZ2QQnojsprZyQQpfidZ0QQsacatZQ2d1QQsacqyopZgeQQsacurZ0QQsadisZ200QQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ0QQsaslopZ1QQsofocusZbs

Oh No! Are you sure? Why would a company put out two afghan patterns with the same name?

I'm so sorry if I caused anyone to buy the wrong pattern. :(

I feel so stupid now.

it happens ALL the time look up cathedral window and see how many versions of it you get ..

so true. but I've only found ONE "Rose Cathedral Window" :D

Oh No! Are you sure? Why would a company put out two afghan patterns with the same name?

I'm so sorry if I caused anyone to buy the wrong pattern. :(

I feel so stupid now.

Don't worry. When I get it, I'll send a pic to someone with the leaflet and we can compare. I'm sure there are lots of great patterns in that lot and it was only 5 bucks. It is weird for the same company to issue a different pattern with the same name, but I've seen it happen before. Actually, I've seen Leisure Arts issue an entirely new leaflet with the same name as a previous one, but with different patterns. :think Talk about confusing!

Butting in here for a sec. I wanted to see what this looked like but can't find a picture either.

However I found the leaflet. It is NOT for sale but I thought those of you who were trying to do this would want to see what it looked like. It is not the one on eBay as Elizabeth stated. Go here and look about half way down the page for leaflet #878301:

http://www.tamemymind.com/artscrafts/pages/patternbooks-crochet-afghans-a-k.php

The picture is small so I still don't know what it looks like. LOL

But at least you all know which one to look for now.

I was thinking the name difference might be just as simple as a break in the word(s). The one you want is Waterlillies. The eBay one is Water Lillies. Not sure and it's silly I know but it's my thought. :lol

Too bad no one has a picture of the waterlillies afghan. We might be able to find it in another book was my thought.

I have the pattern, and plan on scanning it to post the photo at work this week.

Patterns may not be scanned with the photos posted here at Crochetville.

I have the pattern, and plan on scanning it to post the photo at work this week.

SUPER, will help to know what it looks like in the hunt.

See above post

I scanned a picture of the waterlilies afghan from my booklet, but I am a total idiot as to how to post it. I just now created a yahoo account because I was told I could put together a scrapbook of photos there, but I can't even find out where to do that. Any hints?

Photos from patterns may not be scanned and shown on Crochetville.

I scanned a picture of the waterlilies afghan from my booklet, but I am a total idiot as to how to post it. I just now created a yahoo account because I was told I could put together a scrapbook of photos there, but I can't even find out where to do that. Any hints?

Try photobucket instead of yahoo for sharing the pics. Once you get them uploaded to photobucket, there's an image link under the picture and all you have to do is copy and paste that link into the Crochetville reply area and the picture will show up.

Photobucket will also help you resize your pic (crochetville has limits on size you can post). It's free up until a certain amount of storeage. I haven't reached the limit yet and I've used them for a year now.

I have yahoo accounts for email and groups, but have never used their photo options.

edited to remove post re: rules violation

Great pics.

To turn them, on the photobucket page, click EDIT, then on the page that opens, go down to the Rotate Picture section and choose 180. Then click the Rotate button.

To make the pictures show up in the post, use the IMG tag under the picture. But when you do that, you have to make sure that the pics are the size that crochetville supports, no larger than 480 x 360 pixels. The links that you used are good for larger pics.

I think I want to take just the flower parts and make a scarf. (yet another WIM, oh dear).

Archived