Foxy Hat

shaehat.jpg

I designed my daughter, Shaelynn a new hat today. Here it is.

It is made with RH white yarn and Red Heart Foxy variegated pink novelty yarn.

I used a size I hook and 1 strand of each.

Ch 4, sl st tog. 12 dc in the center of ring. Then 2 dc in each stitch around, sl st tog. Next row, do dc in first stitch and 2 dc in next stitch. Do this all the way around. Next row, do dc, dc and then 2dc in next stitch. Do this all the way around. The next row you just dc all the way around. Do 5 more rows just like this. (Depending on how old child is, you may have to increase rows) Sc the last row around to make an edge. And weave in ends.

(The side with the most foxy yarn is the outside of the hat)

I didn't copied Dot's pattern. I saw your reply and went and looked. I had never seen her UBW pattern before. Any similarities are coincidental since this is the standard way of making rounds.

Dot does wonderful work and I would never use it and not say it was hers.

I must say it's kinda hurtful of you to say that. I was really proud of my hat until I read your reply.

Beautiful hat and beautiful model.

Be proud of your work and take comparitives with a grain of salt. Or just let them roll off your back.

I like the way the verigated and solid work together.:hook

As for the comment... I think you read wrong. I don't at all believe it was meant the way you thought

Agreed...I took that she meant it in a nice way, since Dot comes up with such nice patterns, and this one was nice, too.

I'm definitely going to try this one, I have one lonely skein of pastel eyelash I think will make up cute with white Caron SS.

Big time lurker here! Had to de-lurk! Thank you so much for posting the pattern for the hat! My daughter is three and I've been searching for a good hat pattern for her using what I have in my stash! It's adorable, and I'm sure my daughter will like it too. Will do it tonight while watching "Miami Ink". ;)

~Trish

• 3 weeks later...

The hat is adorable and so is your daughter.

I make tons of hats and I change the yarn, the design, etc....I've even made this in single crochet. The basic hat pattern is universal. You did a fabulous version of it and you should be proud of your results.

Your little girl in her hat really made me smile. You have done a great job.

Re the comparisons, I think there are a limited number of ways you can make a hat and I find the protection of ideas an interesting concept which I am not used to.

so lets share the love arround... she is sooo cute...

Archived