Who's Handsome...???? (dog sweater)

threeolivemartini

Mighty handsome! That dog is stylin' now!

I don't have a dog (Meeps would FREAK) but I could see me making one of these in a smaller size as a gift for my dd's doggie Bella, a Springer Spaniel. She's a 30 pound terror but does get cold easily. Spoiled little pup!

Great job, Elizabeth! :cheer I'll be watching for pattern announcements! :hook

thanks again every one..

that was the general thought.. i wanted something that would change peoples minds about the way they see dog sweaters.. this isnt really a full on sweater but it IS enough for a little extra warmth .. and if you wanted to go farther and make it from say fishermans wool.. there would be a little water resistance too ..

i am working on a small dog version that does go under the belly a little bit for my boston terrier .. and i am going to try to get that finished up and written up as well .. so there will be guidelines in the patterns for dogs from 15 pounds up to about 115 pounds..(cuppy weighs in at 117.. he is a small great dane) ... and of course you could make it as large or as small as you like.. that is the beauty of the design i have come up with .. i am really pleased with it..and Cuppy seems to really like it too ..

and Jimbo.. i would start a thread on just how handsome you are.. but i wouldnt want to make any one jealous LOL.. !! ..

and Cuppy Puppy thanks you all for the compliments.. he is a character.. i didnt get his ears cropped because i dont believe in that .. and i am glad i got him .. his colour.. merle was not an accepted colour for show ( when i got him .. things may have changed ) and some breeders *i shudder at this thought* will kill off those puppies that cant be shown if homes cant be found for them .. so i was thrilled to have him.. and such an unusual colour.. the ones that are this colour tend to be "runts" which is fine by me .. he is still a large dog at 117.. but not so large i cant handle him .. a normal dane gets any where from 175 to 210 pounds .. so i was dually thrilled to get the "runt"

great danes are probably the sweetest and most gentle and kind dog you could ever have.. i could go on and on about how wonderful they are .. i will definately have another !!

great danes are probably the sweetest and most gentle and kind dog you could ever have.. i could go on and on about how wonderful they are .. i will definately have another !!

Had my second hubby lived, we were planning on getting a Great Dane (after we got into a proper house, with a yard). He'd had one years before we met, and spent many an hour regaling me with stories about Alex (aka "Alexander the Great Dane"). I got to love Alex through Bob's memories, though. He was a gorgeous dog and yes, very gentle and loving. And frequently goofy, lol!

Not surprisingly, one of Bob's favorite daily newspaper cartoons was Marmaduke, he said "that was Alex!" all the time! :lol

Well i think cuppy is a handsome model and i love your dog coat. We should think of another name though as dog coat doesn't sound posh enough for that work of art.As they call dog hair chiengora perhaps chienchic for dog fashion should apply. Anyway i love it and i would love the pattern if you write it up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived