Who's Handsome...???? (dog sweater)

threeolivemartini

this is what i have been working on ..

its for the most important man in my life !! lol .. Cupcake my Great Dane !!

he doesnt look too happy in the picture.. i woke him up .. threw the sweater on and snapped pictures..

i did this all out of my head.. i mean i took the basic fisherman sweater element stitches and put them together..i didnt invent any of the stitches.. but i did invent the way they go together... if there is interest in a pattern i may be swayed to write it up

i used a J and a K TOTC hook.. and approximately 550 yards of Wool Ease worsted in fisherman colour.... i think Puppers likes it .. and it DOES look good against his fur..

now to just make Brutus a matching one !! he looked quite jealous when Cuppy got to try it on .. but he has two sweaters so it was Cuppy's turn

th_cuppysweater002.jpg

th_cuppysweater001.jpg

well mary jo.. actually .. he isnt a very quick waker.. AND it does happen to be like 75 in the house today LOL.. so i dont think he is happy about having a sweater on and he HAS had coffee and he likes it.. especially if it has real heavy cream in it and some vanilla..

and thanks every one !!

That is absolutely the most gorgeous dog sweater ever, especially for a big dog -- stylish and masculine and not frou-frou at all (which I'm sure Cuppy appreciates!). And as someone who's working on a fisherman style afghan right now, I can truly appreciate the work that went into putting those basic pattern stitches together with such a spectacular result.

So ... Ghiardelli Chocolate Caramel coffeebeans? Would that sway you a wee bit more towards a pattern?

Very nice, and what a handsome man you have. :U I love the sweater, and if I had a dog would probably do more to sway you to write up the pattern. As it is, I think this is one of the best looking dog sweaters that I've seen. Great job! :clap

Oh I just love the sweater! Please write up the pattern :lashes I have a very large Golden Retriever who would look adorable in that sweater. I've been meaning to start one for him but I'm too lazy to make a pattern right now :lol , and it is sooo hard to find sweater patterns for large dogs. Please Elizabeth :nworthy

Ain't that just like a woman... get a guy all excited thinking she's talking about him being handsome and all, and then she shows us a dog. I tell ya.

But i'll be the first to admit that's the coolest doggy sweater i've seen, and i'm not partial to doggie sweaters...

Archived