Crocheted Food

Let me preface this story with the fact that English is not my husband's native language.

We bought our daughter a kitchen set for Christmas and I mentioned to him earlier that I wanted to crochet food for her. He got this puzzled look on his face and said, "food?" So I said, "yeah. I went to Crochet Pattern Central (the best site on the internet for random crocheted stuff!) and found some patterns to crochet food. Even an onion!"

He kept looking at me funny and asked me how that was done so I tried to explain the shape of the onion and he finally got the look of realization on his face. He thought I meant that I was going to actually crochet WITH an onion!

BWAHAHAHA....I told my boyfriend about crochet food, and he did the same thing! and English is his native tongue.....The smartest person i know seriously believed i was going to crochet using ice cream!

Haha, that is great. I have a friend that hates onions and we are always coming up with ways to torment him with them(of course we never actually go through with the torment). I think I will have to try make a crocheted one since he is also always wanting me to make him stuff.:lol

Crocheted onions? That's great!

I wonder if there's a pattern for a crocheted garlic bulb as well...?

Why don't you try crocheting the onion and take some thread and sew in the top out the bottom and thru the top again. Pull tight and you have a indentation. Like you would do with a pumpkin.:hook

Oh my I am still laughing :laughroll:rofl :rofl at the idea of crocheting with food.:rofl I saw a pattern for pizza, so why not spaghetti

• 2 weeks later...

i actually have a couple of older crochet magazines which have alot of different foods in it.including garlic. i love these old books and magazines, mostly from the 80's.they have some cool stuff in it. i will see if i can find it and let you know.:D :D

Archived