Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

I haven't worked on mine, either. I'm trying to get a couple little shrugs done for my nieces. They just got here a few months ago from GA and now they are going to have to move to MN the end of the month :( so I want to send them with something I made.

I'm dying to work on this one, though!:hook

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ugh, I'm on another project now too! I'm trying to finish the pattern for my aran tote, so I can get it submitted to the Round the 'Ville newsletter. . . and because my sister really really wants one :D

I'm on Row 52. . . and the end is nowhere near in sight!

Hi Guys ,

Sounds like things have quieted down in here a little bit .We can't have that now, can we, or I'll have to make up another Captain Dingbat Poem !

Madelyn - anxious to see your next one finished ! It's gonna be a pretty one. Did you ever say who the first one was for ? I can't remember . Madelyn - another question -- does anyone ever call you Maddy ? I think that's cute !

Nancy - I am so slow at cross stitch , my parents just had their 50th anniversary. if I started one NOW , it might be done for their 60th !:lol

Mare- that's nice of you to send something homemade with your nieces . I'm sure they'll treasure them ! We'll be watching for some more progress on your afghan soon !

Celeste , that aran tote is SO pretty ! You sure do have a designing talent !

Crystal - good job on getting your first one done. Did you say you don't have a camera to take a photo ? I couldn't remember if that was you or someone else .

Hi everybody....Well I think....I think i'm finally making progress on the L/B. I'm on row 32 and it's looking good. I think I found the problem on the rows where the cross stitch started. I had to eliminate one cross stitch from each corner .That's when everything kinda fell into place and all the corners straightend up. I just .HOPE it continues to behave cause I am finally happy,well, we'll see the final results!:hook

I think I can finally show you a small part of what I have going on and which I am very happy with ....excuse the terrible pictures...i assure you they do no justice to my hard work...and i'm working with the worst cam i've ever used.:lol I think i'm finally into this and I am dying to see my final results.:hookth_one.jpg I finally have a square..lol

th_otro.jpg

Thank you Nancy...I only wish you knew how relieved I feel...after so much frogging..:hook I still don't wanna get my hopes up to high just in case...I still want to reach row 43 which was where I decided to frog it in the first place...but with all this cheering I got goin on here I think I can do it!:hook Thanks for all the encouragement i've had here.

Looking good Olga!:cheer You go girl!!:cheer

ugh, I'm on another project now too! I'm trying to finish the pattern for my aran tote, so I can get it submitted to the Round the 'Ville newsletter. . . and because my sister really really wants one :D

I'm on Row 52. . . and the end is nowhere near in sight!

Celeste,

That aran tote is really lovely and so unique. You do some wonderful work.

Madelyn

Thank you!!! I'm working to finish writing up the pattern. . . and I'll need some testers!!! :devil

I cannot WAIT to see your suede LB finished!

Celeste,

That aran tote is really lovely and so unique. You do some wonderful work.

Madelyn

That looks great Olga.

I havent had any time to work on mine and it doesn't look like I will this weekend either. I cleaned all day Monday. Then Tuesday I had a cranky baby. I did school work Wednesday. Then yesterday my son was acting really sick and he told me his ears hurt, so we took him to the drs last night and he has a double ear infection. So of course the only thing he wants to do is sit on mommy's lap. So I have a ton of school work pileing up that needs to be done, which unfortunatly leaves no time for crocheting :(

Celeste~ You do beautiful work!! I'll test it for you (I'd REALLY love to) but I'm not a fast crocheter....if not a tester, I'd love a copy of the pattern when you get it done. :D It's gorgeous!

Olga! I knew you could do it! It looks great!!! Keep going

Well, Ladies, I FINALLY made it to the 81st round..........and then ran out of yarn 1/2 way through. Do you believe it? LOL I'm going to make a run to the LYS at lunch today , I think? I'm not feeling well and have a throbbing head -- but I've never wanted to finish an afghan more than this one....I just want it to be DONE already. LOL

I've already started my nephews camo blanket and I bought yarn for my best friends ghan -- I just don't know if I'll get it done in time for her b-day in March (yep, I said MARCH) LOL.....I can't believe how jam packed our calendar is!

Cristin -

You ran out of yarn THAT close to the end ? I bet that made you madder than a wet hen ! :hen

Hope you feel well enough today to get the last of your yarn and finish it up. I know what you mean when you get that close to the end of a project . I always get like that . I get very antsy to get it done . I guess it's because I start seeing other projects in my head that I want to do next !

Wow, Cheryl -

THAT IS SO PRETTY !!! Who did you say it's for ? They are sure lucky whoever it is !! BEEEOOOTEEFUUUL .:manyheart

LOL! Thanks - I am not sure who it is going to. Maybe ME!!!!

Nothing wrong with that !

I don't think I've ever made anything for myself and ended up keeping it. I usually start out thinking I'm gonna keep it, then think of someone else that needs it or wants it, so I give it away !

I think maybe one of these days I'll keep something for myself !

:bow:fame:bow

OH MY GOD!! I was so excited to see everyone so happy for me for finally getting this right....I apreciate it very much and now i'm even happier.....:hook

THANK YOU EVERYBODY!! You can feel the togetherness and love of crochet here.:hug

Cheryl! I love the colors you are using!! I've had this granny square project in my head with really bright, random colors in it -- you're L&B is great inspiration!

Archived