Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

GREAT MADELYN!!!

We'll be watching for photos ! :photo

Cheryl -

Glad you got your pattern. Now you can get started ! :cheer

Poor Olga-

I was hoping it'd work out for you this time. Yo usure have more patience than I do !

Nancy- That was sure stroke of luck for you to find someone who didn't like crochet and sent you a whole box of yarn ! That color is sure pretty !

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's my update as of yesterday....

th_1-28-06002.jpg

You can see I have one more side of row 46 or 47 to do, then I'm on to the next row. Going to get as much done this weekend as I can. It will probably be more likely tomorrow, but I will get some in today.

:hook

Go Nancy! Nice job!:cheer

I'm done. What a relief :D I will get some pics taken and posted after I get back.

Madelyn

Hooray! Can't wait to see it!

Olga... you are a saint! You will prevail!

Here are some pics of my yarn and progress to date:

th_yarncolors.jpg

th_Jan28progressrow8.jpg

Hooray! Can't wait to see it!

Olga... you are a saint! You will prevail!

Here are some pics of my yarn and progress to date:

th_yarncolors.jpg

th_Jan28progressrow8.jpg

Okay...let's just say I LOVE your colors!!! Those are my favorite color schemes!! I'm a very fallsy type color person. But, I do adore some purples too. haha

:hug and I can't wait to see more!!:hook

Ooh, that looks beautiful!!!

Is anyone working this in cotton? I was thinking about doing that the next time around. . . or wool-ease maybe? I LOVE this pattern!:manyheart

The cream color in my afghan is the casual cotton. The variegated is TLC and the grey is RHSS. Casual Cotton is great to work with and is as easy as the other two.

Very pretty colors Nancy. I got through row 17 tonight. So far I have orange, yellow, fuschia and I am working on purple. This one is definately going to be bright and tropical~

Here's the finished purple/lilac afghan. I have quite a bit of yarn left so I may continue adding to it so it will fit my king size bed. For now though I'm going back to the suede one.

th_DSCF02163.jpg

Madelyn

Oh Madelyn, it is GORGEOUS!!! Did you just switch dark and light every other section or every other row?

Thanks...I hope so...I just cant figure out why in the world does it keep twisting up on the corners..it doesnt turn out square.:angry

Thanks Olga. Hang in there though you will get it right. After completing that Taz ghan you should be able to do anything.:cheer

Madelyn

Madelyn, that is beautiful! I was really skeptical of how this pattern would look in just two colors, but it is stunning. Maybe I'll do one of those some day...

Well, I'm cruising along on row 45, but I have to set it aside for a time. I have all the yarn (the last reason I had to stop), but I just found out that my neices baby shower is February 12, and I wanted to make a round ripple for her. I wanted to do it in singles, but forget it, I'm gonna have to do doubles. I'm just not fast enough yet, and my heart is definately still with my beloved L&B. I'll get back to it soon... two weeks... cheer me on ladies!

I'll still hang out here, since I can't bear to miss pics!

Oh, I love seeing everyones progress! And beautiful results!!

Here at work -- and I just HAD to peek in this morning... :D GREAT JOB Nancy and Madelyn!

I feel for you Olga, I know I would not have the patience that you do -- but I do love this pattern so I understand your perserverance!

I'm on round 69 - I wanted to get much more done on it -- but my Dad is coming to visit (for the first tiem since I've been in Florida!!) this coming weekend, so I spent a lot of time cleaning and tidying up the house. :( But it feels good having it all done. The only thing I'm going to do last minute is clean the kids' bathroom -- I know they can't keep it clean for a whole week! LOL

Here's the finished purple/lilac afghan. I have quite a bit of yarn left so I may continue adding to it so it will fit my king size bed. For now though I'm going back to the suede one.

th_DSCF02163.jpg

Madelyn

That is Gorgeous, Madelyn! Nice work!

Well...good day everyone....OK...so i'm on my way again with my L/B's . I started it over from scratch and praying to dear God to give me a hand here....Come on ...gimme a break Lordy..i'm getting tired of frogging and pretty soon i'll be gettin a froggin trophy here.lol oh well ....let's see how it goes now....if it doesnt work out , I promise you will not hear the words Laces and Bobbles from me again.:hook

I finished 2 of the 3 hats I need to make yesterday so after i finish the 3rd I can get back to the LB :D Cheryl yours looks great I love carron simply soft. I'm toying with the idea of doing my moms in either tlc coton plus or simply soft. Not sure yet :) Heres an updated pic of mine :D

January055.jpg

It's getting so big its hard to take a picture of the whole thing :lol Well I crocheted and played all weekend and cleaned all morning so I have a ton of HW waiting for me. Happy crocheting everyone:hook

Archived