Lace & Bobbles Crochetalong

JulieKay

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep on truckin, Madelyn -

You never can tell, you could catch up with us. I am going to neglect my housewifely chores this weekend ( what else is new ? ) so I can get this thing done. When I get this close to the end of a project, I get very antsy to get it done .

Will keep in contact and let you all know how it's going .:D

Finally picked this one up again yesterday...I've been sick...another sinus infection :(

I'm on round 39 -- the first round of bobbles.

I'm running low on my "B" color (the orange/rust) like I thought I would. I picked up two more colors yesterday to get me through -- now I have to decide when I want to bring them into the pattern cuz I want to use up as much of the original color as I can. I have a feeling I'll run out in the middle of a round and have to :2frog it all out. LOL oh well......we'll see. I'll post pics at the end of the weekend.

Good Morning everyone! I may not have been posting but I have been crocheting every chance I get and cheering everyone on. I love the progress everyone has made and what fun CALs are! I am only on row 47 but I can tell you I love this pattern. There is no such thing as getting bored with this one.

Well, lots of football on this weekend so lots of watching and crocheting! Hopefully I will get a lot done.

I need to work on mine, but my hook is starting to wander... I have a baby afghan I need to do in the next few weeks, I have to finish my square for the swap and the hat as well. I got the A to Z afghans today at wally world and I got the yarn to do the all american afghan while I was there for my dh. I want to do the dinosour afghan to for my 3 year old to since I have never made the poor child anything! Stay focused hook! you can do it!

oh see what you dont understand is i am one of THOSE people.. my colours have to be perfect.. it has to be just the right stuff.. it has to tell me what colours and textures it wants to be.. it just doesnt "happen" its a total process.. i think i might venture out tomorrow to try to nudge it along though

WOW, Julie that is enugh to keep me going, I so want mine done NOW! lol.

Elizabeth, what colors do you have in mind? You always pick nice colors. Mine is a little of everything and I am not even folowing the color scheme, just holding up the skiens to see what will look good next, I hope it comes out ok.....

Elizabeth, what colors do you have in mind?

see first i thought about doing what you are doing but still i would have to get the yarn cause i don t have random skeins lying around my house..

so then i was looking and thinking maybe a variegate and then pulling colours from there .. something like woodland colours .. in like the woolease stuff..

then i saw the aran fleck in the super saver.. even though its not even close to my fave to work with i liked the browns/greys/ gold/ cream options.. and thought it would be striking..

so those are the two i "think" i have it narrowed to .. but i still have to go to Michaels tomorrow to look around and see what else say in the simply soft they have to offer that my local wal mart doesnt ..

i am leaning more toward the wool ease simply because i like that yarn the best and love working with it ..

also at first i was thinking of doing it in some of the lighter weight chenilles i had laying around here.. but then got to thinking that the pretty stictches and patterns would be lost in that so i DID mark one option off the list LOL

Woohoo WTG Julie on finishing up :) It looks great.

I haven't gotten anything done today I had to go get my books for school and then all evening DH and I were playing games on his computer. Now at almost 9pm I'm thinking about picking it up. I left off with a boo boo last night so I know I'm gonna have to fix it.

Elizabeth - those colors sound really pretty :)

Also thank you for all the good luck wishes for my surgery :hug

I 'M DONE ~~~~~

YAHOO !

Here are my photos - they are clickable to see it up closer .

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jlabo1/album?.dir=/21a8

Julie, I love it!! I got out mine and went as far as I could tonight, but am waiting for some more yarn through the mail to finish mine with. I ran out of my lighter color and no one sells it around here.

Hopefully it will come on Tuesday and I can finish this up that day. Yiippeee!!

Huggers! and congrats on a gorgeous finish!! :hug

just wanted to let yall know that I am about to start the dreaded bobbles. Julie, I have the pic of your finished afghan as my desktop background for encouragement, its gotten me through 3 rows so far tonight!

see yall in the mourning

nighty night

also at first i was thinking of doing it in some of the lighter weight chenilles i had laying around here.. but then got to thinking that the pretty stictches and patterns would be lost in that

Uh oh, I hope I haven't made a newbie mistake here! I'm doing mine in 1200-1500 ypp DOUBLED, with a J hook. I admit I'm only up through Rnd 21, but I think it looks great so far! I'm using similar colors to the pattern.

Good morning folks !

Thanks for all the compliments ! Hope that will give you all the little push you need to keep going . They almost needed to name this thing THE NEVERENDING SQUARE .. It seems like you just go on and on and on, and are never gonna get to the last row. The last several rows are mostly sc type rows, so they go very slowly as far as adding many extra inches on the afghan. My final row, I made a simple row of shells rather than just plain old sc. I did this mainly because this was for my daughter in law. Her favorite colors are browns, that's why I went with all browns. I thought since it was for a girl ,though, I 'd add the shells to make it look a little more girly .

Anyhow, Elizabeth , go get your yarn and get started -- all these other ladies are hard at work and are gonna leave you in the dust ! :lol

I know sometimes it's hard to choose colors. I didn't used to be very picky about colors. I'd buy yarn, bring it home, stack it up, then when I found a pattern I wanted to do, I'd dig through my stack and pull out something .

Now I usually pick the pattern first, then stand in the yarn aisle for so long , just staring, that I think the store calls security to come keep an eye on the suspicious character in the yarn section . I hold up colors against each other and try to be more careful with the choices .

Just go for it, Elizabeth ! Come in here and tell us what colors you chose- we'll all be waiting to hear .

Julie,

Your afghan is beautiful. What a wonderful job you did. I'm still not able to work on mine, I have 1 sleeve and the hood to go on 12 year old DGS sweater. I need it for this next Sunday for his party. Then I can work on other projects...I hate being under pressure.

In the pics, your colors look like tan, black and white. Is that what they are? Anyway, whatever colors you used, it us beautiful...

Patty in MI

Archived