Jacuzzi???

TepperWear

This is either the dumbest or most briliant idea I've had. I need you experienced felters to let me know which. I'm looking forward to felting something for the first time, but in reading these posts I realize that the washers in my building are front loading. Well, today, sitting in the jacuzzi in my gym a lightbulb went off. It's hot, there's agitation. I just want to do something small, like a cell phone case. Would it work?

You also need soap, and are you allowed to put that in your jacuzzi?

I remember putting bubble bath in a spa when I was little, and the results were pretty spectaular! There was foam everywhere :D

Also, a lot of fibre comes off during felting, so you would need to make sure you had it in a pillow case.

If you do do it, let us know, it sounds fun :)

Although, it's not exactly *soap* that you need, but a change in pH...

With all the chemicals in a Jacuzzi, I wouldn't doubt that the water is not a neutral pH... I'm just not sure enough if it would be strong enough to create the change that you need... Might be worth checking out, though, since I'm sure your gym tests the pH about 20 times a day, and they could probabaly tell you what the reading was. [You could tell them you skin has felt itchy lately if you don't want to tell them you'll be needing to know for felting purposes, lol!!]

I know nothing about felting, so I can't comment on the dumbness or the brialliance of the idea, but I give you a 10 for creativity! I have a mental image of myself furitively felting in a public jacuzzi! I think it would be worth it to try it, just for entertainment's sake!

Why can't it be done in a front loading washer? The only thing I've felted was done in one of those at 40 Celsius as a regular wash with regular soap in it, and it worked alright. :)

I would think the chemicals in a jacuzzi would not make it a good idea. There are ways to full without a machine, it just takes a while. You also could go to a laundromat and use one of their machines there.

Archived