My 18 month old daughter "crochets"

My Daughter has been intrigued by my yarn and crochet projects for quiet some time. I keep a basket by the couch for my tape measure, yarn, hooks etc, and she isn't allowed to play in it. Naturally, this makes it all the more desireable to her.

Last night, we had all settled in on the couch, and I picked up a new skein and was thinking about doing a set of wrist warmers. I took out my hook, and Hailey crawled over to me. She grabbed it and wanted to play. Since I was sitting with her, I let her play with it (something I NEVER do). She was so excited. Then she saw the yarn in my lap with the single slip knot on it. She grabbed the yarn in the other hand, and started to move both her wrists so that her hands appeared to be doing what she must think I look like when I crochet! She was trying to lay the yarn on the hook, and then she'd wriggle her wrists and smile at me! Then she'd look back down at the yarn like she expected it to have formed some kind of project. She kept this up for several minutes! It was adorable!

I'm so proud!:hook

Lucky you, my 23-month-old just tries to steal my hook and yarn, and then stabs the living daylights out of whatever skein I pacify her with. :lol But like others have said, it won't be too long til you can teach her for real, my oldest was able to make chain stitches with a little help at 3.5, & I'd be willing to bet she could've done it younger if I'd tried.

Archived