Baby blanket crochet-along

kagome4

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just have to add that even though I havent posted a pic of mine yet... this is the most wonderful blanket! I can put it down, walk away and boom pic right back up! Deneen did a wonderful job with making this for us all!

Blush!:blush I have to admit I like this cause it's easy and I can make it any size I want to fast. I am starting another one in a few days in Homespun with either an L or M hook as a baby gift. I'll post pics!

I just found this after seeing JCB's post! Count me in! I know I'm a little late but I'm really gonna crank this one out. I'm pregnant and not feeling the greatest so I have to lay around most of the time and this really gives me something to do. I've done 3 rows so far!

I just found this after seeing JCB's post! Count me in! I know I'm a little late but I'm really gonna crank this one out. I'm pregnant and not feeling the greatest so I have to lay around most of the time and this really gives me something to do. I've done 3 rows so far!

ME TOO!! When are you due??

Im not due until Aug 5th, but this pregnancy is wearing me out so far!

I saw this in Baby Show and Tell and started one for my grandson. He's supposed to be coming home Friday, whether he's off oxygen or not and this will be nice and cuddly for him.

He was two months premature, born on Christmas day.

I'm using RHSS in Bikini and Orchid and the first row looks really neat.

ME TOO!! When are you due??

Im not due until Aug 5th, but this pregnancy is wearing me out so far!

I"m due July 15th! I felt Awful the first 3 months, couldn't get outta bed! Luckily, I'm starting to feel better. Although, I do still have bad days. I have 2 little girls and we're hoping for a boy this time around(but we're not finding out until the birth). Do you have any other children? or is this your first?

Congrats either way!

Natalie

I"m due July 15th! I felt Awful the first 3 months, couldn't get outta bed! Luckily, I'm starting to feel better. Although, I do still have bad days. I have 2 little girls and we're hoping for a boy this time around(but we're not finding out until the birth). Do you have any other children? or is this your first?

Congrats either way!

Natalie

See, thats the silly part! lol

This will be our sixth between us, but our FIRST together.... lol

The other kids are 16, 14, 14 and 13 now! His daughter, who passed away 2 years ago would have been 18 when the baby is born.

It is bitter sweet. I am really excited the further I go! I am wanting to find out.... but Im laying my money on BOY lol

Heather

can anyone tell me how many rows this is? I'm using my N hook and two strands Caron Perfect Match. Just wondering how many rows I should expect to do. I kinda wanna count them down so I feel like I"m getting closer to having it done.

Thanks alot!

I'm using RHSS in Orchid and Bikini with an N hook. I'm 25 rows in and I think I'm going to shoot for 40.

Am working on it tonight, just found out Joseph is going home tomorrow morning-with oxygen so this will keep him nice and toasty :yay

I'm using RHSS in Orchid and Bikini with an N hook. I'm 25 rows in and I think I'm going to shoot for 40.

Am working on it tonight, just found out Joseph is going home tomorrow morning-with oxygen so this will keep him nice and toasty :yay

Thanks!! YAY!! Glad to hear he's coming home Finally!! My youngest daughter was in the NICU for 6days. I can't imagine having a baby there for 2months! Your Daughter is a brave woman.

Congrats on the Homecoming!!!! :clap

I've joined all of you. I was looking for a quick easy project, and this is perfect. I'm doing it in pale green simply soft with a K hook. I started with around 120 chain to get the width right with this hook. I'm hoping to make several of them to donate.

Tamar

I started with a J hook and ww yarn and it feels like a ton, what can I do to make it feel less weighty? Would a K hook work better so it's not as heavy. I really like the pattern, but the weight is too much.

You can try using just one strand of yarn instead of two-I did that on the second one I made for Joseph's cousin, who is supposed to be born next month and it's a lot less bulky.

I've finished two and started another in LB Homespun, the Homespun one is also for Joseph.

bubbleblankets6ms.th.jpg

Didn't see this group til tonight! I am in the Lace and Bobbles, but I also have 3 different baby afghans going right now for friends that are having babies in April. One boy....one girl. So, I'm making a blue one with fingering yarn and a tiny hook (yes, it's taking forever, but it's really cute) and then I'm making one with baby yarn (pink) and it's a hooded blankie.

Just finished my "Bubbles' baby blanket! :cheerI used Caron Perfect match in Cream that I had left from another project. I've taken the pics, but I"m staying with my mom and I have to wait for my brother to get home from work to put my pics on this computer. As soon as I do that I"ll post pics here and in the babies and children section.

I finished my blanket too. :yay I used caron's simply soft. one strand peach and one white. It's so soft and pretty. I don't have a digital camera so I can't show you.Tamar

I finished mine!! It's so pretty and I just love it!! I can't wait to give it to the person I have in mind for it.

Here's a pic of me finishing it on Monday. I was waiting with my son who was recovering from his tonsillectomy. He slept most of the afternoon so I had plenty of time to finish it. :)

DadsCamera123.jpg

I made it with Bernat Baby Coordinates in Blue Bonbon and Lemon Custard (2 strands held together). I love how thick it is and it's going to keep the little guy so warm and snuggly!!

I finished mine!! It's so pretty and I just love it!! I can't wait to give it to the person I have in mind for it.

Here's a pic of me finishing it on Monday. I was waiting with my son who was recovering from his tonsillectomy. He slept most of the afternoon so I had plenty of time to finish it. :)

DadsCamera123.jpg

I made it with Bernat Baby Coordinates in Blue Bonbon and Lemon Custard (2 strands held together). I love how thick it is and it's going to keep the little guy so warm and snuggly!!

It's just darling! I am also using Bernat Baby Coordinates in the darker blue. I'm doing a pineapple pattern that I love. I'm going to try the 2 strands of each though next time. It looks great!

I did this cal in maroon and beige, in the pattern chain called for, and I felt it was too small. So I made a bigger one, in green and cream and honestly, I thought it was awfully heavy for a baby blanket! Maybe the yarn I was using was too heavy, but it was just worsted weight. And it took a long time, and 4 skeins of yarn. Ended up keeping it, supposedly for my husband who likes to cuddle under blankets, but I've yet to see him use it. Guess it's mine now.

I recently finished a 24" granny square blanket - I just made a basic granny square and kept adding rounds. I used 2 skeins of varied color yarn w/ dark rose, light rose, beige and a sage color, and it turned out gorgeous, and light enough to suit me. I finished it with a scallop edge of sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc in each open chain on the edge. I did have to block it, which was my first time doing that. I'm very pleased with it, and hope the mother likes it too.

Archived