Baby blanket crochet-along

kagome4

I'm done! Well, with my first one. It's 29" x 20", and so heavy b/c of using wrong hook, so I'm not giving it to anyone. It's practically a mattress pad it's so heavy. I'll try again this weekend with different colors and an N hook.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No kidding! That's exactly what I thought when I finished it. Looks like a mattress padding.

I'm going to start 2 tomorrow w/ the N hook, one with white yarn and sage green yarn, and one with white and pastel rainbow. ...itching to get to Walmart! :)

OK, I am going crazy joining CAL's now.:eek I never realized how much motivation crocheting with others was. Anyway, this looks quick and I see others are just starting . . . I'll have to look through the stash and see what I can find. I am thinking I might make a boy one in camo and orange . . . :think

Jen

I did one in Camo using two strands of the sportsweight and it came out cute!

This is such a fast blanket, you can get it done in one day without a problem. I needed a blanket for a gift-fast, so I worked it up and wrote it out.

That pattern is so cute! And I've been looking for a baby blanket to go in my Stitches from the Heart box, so this is perfect. Not to mention I was looking for an excuse to buy more yarn. :lol

I'm gonna give this one a shot! I've got lots of pretty baby colored yarn that I'd love to use. I'm finishing up a baby ghan right now (just have to finish the picot edging) then I'm starting on this one! I think I'm going to do pink and yellow...not sure, we'll see how it goes! I'll post pics once I get started! :)

I did one in Camo using two strands of the sportsweight and it came out cute!

This is such a fast blanket, you can get it done in one day without a problem. I needed a blanket for a gift-fast, so I worked it up and wrote it out.

Wow! Deneen I wish I could get it done in a day. I only have 6 rows done so far. I've probably spent about 4 hours in total. I keep hoping that as my experience level grows so will my speed. :lol

Looks like I might be a little late here, but I'd like to join this one. I am making up one of the star afghans for my sister who is due in Feb. She doesn't know what she is having so I am doing it in white, yellow and blue. I figured then it would work either way and be cute =) But anyways...off to go get on this one, look forward to sharing my progress with you guys!!

Ginny, don't worry about speed! It's all about the process and the journey and enjoying the experience! Have fun with it, that's all that matters. :hook Patty

Thanks Patty! I figure as long as it looks ok in the end then it shouldn't matter how long it took me to get there right? :lol

I spent the day in bed sick with the flu.... so I took advantage and got mine started! Im using bernats baby coordinates... it is a reallly pale yellow, along with a white thread of ww yarn. I love it, but you either cant see the white or the next time you look, you cant see the yellow! LOL

Well, this took me a little bit longer than I expected to finish but I am happy with the results. When I finished the blanket I was inspired to make a matching hat to go with it. Now, I only hope one of my Husband's pregnany cousins will have a boy:cheer

Afghan.jpg

Camohat.jpg

Well, this took me a little bit longer than I expected to finish but I am happy with the results. When I finished the blanket I was inspired to make a matching hat to go with it. Now, I only hope one of my Husband's pregnany cousins will have a boy:cheer

:clap Great job!

I got started the other day (while watching The Sound of Music, lol) and at first I was so confused but after a few rows I got the hang of it and am loving how it is turning out!! I'm using Bernat Baby Coordinates, one strand of Blue Bonbon and one of Lemon Custard and my 6 yr old thinks it's the coolest looking thing she's ever seen! :)

I've probably got 12 or so rows done and can't wait to get my housework done today so I can get back at it!! :D

I got started the other day (while watching The Sound of Music, lol) and at first I was so confused but after a few rows I got the hang of it and am loving how it is turning out!!

Cari,

That is kind of how I was when starting this one. I am totally loving the look and feel of it now though! :manyheart

Well, this is absolutely perfect for the baby gift I've been putting off making and now has to be ready for a baby party next week. Couldn't decide what to make (blanket? hat? toy?) and even with an additional four or five months to come up with something due to the shower being delayed -- and the baby himself already here -- I still hadn't made up my mind...right up to seeing this thread mere moments ago. But now the pressure's really on, so a fun and attractive blanket I can whip up quickly? Whoo-hoo! Count me in!

I started on this today. I'm using a strand of baby yarn and a strand of WW, both in light yellow. My best friend just found out she was pregnant last week. I finally have someone to make baby items for.:hook:manyheart

Archived