Sunburst Poncho from SCC

donnalynn2

I absolutely love this poncho and have decided I'm going to make it after Chrismtas presents are done! Did anyone else like it too??? Heck, I'm even planning on doing it in the same colors as in the mag (which is a first for me!)

Just wondering if anyone else would like to do a CAL for this?

I want to do it too! In fact, I already picked out my colors and did part of a square yesturday. Of course..I will have to put it aside until after my christmas presents are done. Oh, and I'm making a smaller verion for my DD.

Welcome welcome welcome!!!

Ok, I'm tentativally putting the start date on this thing for Jan 1st! LOL If anyone else wants to start now, please don't wait for me!!! If you want to do this, but need to wait til later in the year that's fine too!!! The more the merrier!!!

Now to go to the store and buy my yarn!!!!

What colors is everyone planning???

Mine is going to be for my daughter's birthday in April. She'll be 8.

I am using :

Hot pink instead of the Mango, (so half of the poncho squares will be pink)

Purple in place of the fuchsia (so the flower part will be purple)

Hot green in place of the coral (so the flowers will be wrapped in green):bounce

Crochetcrazy - Those colors sound wonderful! I'll bet she'll look great in it!!!!

I am a little nervous though, this is all done in Lion Brand Micro Spun (which I had never used before)... I bought a ball of it earlier this week to try a pair of socks and found it extremely hard to work with... I'm now considering using Caron's Simply Soft instead since it's soft, inexpensive and easy to work with...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, after scoping out the yarn stores and seeing all of my options, I have decided to go with Caron's Simply Soft and I opted to use the "bright" colors in the line. I'm doing color A in white, color B in watermelon and color C in light pink...

Because I just couldn't stand the suspense, I started last night! I did one white square and got most of one of the flower ones finished!!! It's going to be so soft and cuddly!

Can't wait to see the finished ponchos!

Anyone else gonna join us???

If anyone wants to do this but can't locate the magazine, please PM me. I'd be more than happy to get it for you (both my Joanns and Michaels have quite a few copies of it) and you can reimburse me. Would hate for you to miss out on it just because you can't find the pattern!

P.S. If anyone is "button" literate and would like to make a button for this CAL, I would greatly appreciate it! THANKS!!!

Hey Ladies, Hey Donna :waving

I got the mag the other day at JoAnn's. The poncho is totally cute. I may want to try this...

After the Holidays:ctree ... and during my 35 Grannies LOL

Ok, I know I said I was going to start this on Jan 1st, but I couldn't wait and started yesterday! I have completed 5 of the Lacey Square! I'm doing it in White, Light Pink and Watermelon all in Simply Soft...

Anyone else get started????

I'm going to join this CAL when I am done with the baby blanket along and some other projects, I already have my yarn and will let you know when I get started!

Also, I am going to just make the easier square, decided that I do not like to change colors so much while doing squares, lol!

Has anyone started this project??

I Googled it, and this is the first site I came upon - and it's even on sale!

http://www.yarnfwd.com/ca/bhgcrochet.html

EDIT - just noticed this is a Canadian site. . .

I'd love to do a poncho CAL but I live in sucha a rural area I can't find the magazine....or I don't know about this magazine....can it be ordered?

I havn't been able to work on my poncho recently...:cry still only done one square. This is due to the baby blanket I am making for my best friend's baby due in :valday February. :teddy I will post when I start working on it further.

If you need to purchase the magazine, please let me know as there are still several in my local Michaels and Jo-Anns. Just PM me...

I have started mine and have I think 5 of the lace cross squares done. I'm using Simply Soft in White, Light Pink and Watermelon... What is everyone else using??

Archived