Sunburst Poncho from SCC

donnalynn2

I have done 6 lacy squares so far and am having alot of fun with it! Haven't attempted the the other squares yet as I haven't purchased the other colors! I am using exactly what the pattern calls for, colors and all. I usually change up the colors or the yarn but I really loved this one. I will keep posting as I go and maybe I can figure out the whole picture thing:lol

Which Poncho are you making? I think I have that mag. :scrachin

Oops, nevermind, I just saw the title of this discussion - Sunburst Poncho. duh:blush

Has anyone else started this one yet???

I've done several of the lacey cross squares so far... Let us know how your progress is going...

Stacey - I almost did this with the colors it called for, but my pinks just called to me and I couldn't say no!!! Would love to see a pic of your progress! I need to get working on the flower motifs as well!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Donna,

I got my yarn today, will start working on it later tonight....I just hope mine comes out as pretty as yours :manyheart

I'm sure it'll look great! Can't wait to see how it turns out? What colors did you decide on???

Oh I hope it turns out good, finally got started on it. Sorry it took me a while to get started.

Caron Simply Soft in white, Iris & orchard, I guess you can tell purples are my favorite colors, lol

Will be posting a pic in a day or two of my squares I have made....and then I will post a pic of my (fingers crossed) finished poncho

Oh I hope it turns out good, finally got started on it. Sorry it took me a while to get started.

Caron Simply Soft in white, Iris & orchard, I guess you can tell purples are my favorite colors, lol

Will be posting a pic in a day or two of my squares I have made....and then I will post a pic of my (fingers crossed) finished poncho

Those colors sound beautiful!!!! Good luck! Can't wait to see the finished project!!!

I got some of my squares done tonight, will work on more when I leave here. And I think I picked out some good colors. They are looking so much better than I thought they would.

How come this CAL is so quiet? Maybe they are slow going like me but boy when you start making the squares you get hooked.

I'll be a pic of my finished squares on here tomorrow so you can see how the colors look, ok?

Susan, it's beautiful! I love those colors!

It looks like you took my suggestion about doing DC's instead of SC's on the flower square and it looks better than mine turned out!!!!

Way to go!!!!

Susan, it's beautiful! I love those colors!

It looks like you took my suggestion about doing DC's instead of SC's on the flower square and it looks better than mine turned out!!!!

Way to go!!!!

Thanks Donna :manyheart I didn't even try the sc, I just went ahead like you said and did the dc.

Hi Everyone,

I have a pic of some of my finished squares on my blog.

Wow, Susan, your squares are really pretty! your GFG is also lovely!

I got through with all my white squares now I only have 4 purple ones to go then I can put it all together for my poncho

Way to go!!! Isn't this a fast poncho? I absolutely love tle lacey cross squares! Can't wait to see how your finished poncho comes out!!!

• 1 month later...

Archived