What kind of yarn should be mixed with ....

Ambersafghans

Question

9 answers to this question

Practically anything, I have made many using fun fur for several rows and then reg yarn for several, or both held together, really let your imagination run wild. really nice holding both together and only reg yarn on both ends, by reg yarn anything other than the fun fur stuff. I always make my scarves width wise, not lenth, that way I can decide how long I want the thing to end up, if one does it lenth wise (ching first row many inches long) then thta sets the lenght, and I do not like to work that way. but we all do things our own way. Have fun they are all so neat looking.

My friend received a scarf using RH and fun fur. Just beautiful. Red and purple of both types of yarns. She was turning 50. I said since I crochet I could make one. Well, I still have the yarn and fun fur unworked. Can you tell me when crocheting do you have to pull all those threads (the fun fur) out? I have tried several different size hooks. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Should of put this in questions, but have set the scarf aside and worked on other projects and then seen this post so thought I would ask. Hope thats okay. First thing I found in crochet that has me stumped.:think Thanks everyone!

Marlene

I made a scarf using fun fur and LB microspun. It came out very soft. I also made a hat to match.

The fur does seem to go to the back of the item when you pull the yarn through. I didn't pull it to the front, just turned the hat inside out.

Can you tell me when crocheting do you have to pull all those threads (the fun fur) out? I have tried several different size hooks. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Marlene

The only thing I'd suggest is to take a soft bristled brush to the piece once it's done and gently brush it to loosen up the "fur" on whichever side you want it to be prominent. That's the suggestion I've seen before about working with this stuff.

My personal preference is to leave it as is, unless it's really matted down in the stitches. You shouldn't have to use a hook to pull the hairs loose, it'll be much easier (not to mention quicker) to do it with a soft brush.

As far as what yarns to use with fun fur (and any kind of furry/hairy yarns), I think your imagination is the limit. I used it with a ribbon yarn to great effect. Best suggestion I can make is to just experiment and see what works best for you. The stuff is pretty versatile.

Archived