nice lacey scarf.....inspiration!!!

http://www.redfishdesigns.com/s.nl/sc.16/category.194/.f

I really like this scarf. I've been thinking about making a nice long, lacey scarf.......this gives me some ideas!!!

here's another one!

http://www.bluefly.com/pages/products/detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=2016793897&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=833&referer=youramigo&cm_ven=youramigo&cm_ite=links#

HOLY *Bleep*! $345!!!!!:eek I do like it. Be sure to post a pic if you make one.;)

Now, now, it's on sale for $206... ;)

It's cashmere, at least...but good grief. For an expletive-deleted scarf. Where are these people who will spend $345, or even $206, for a scarf, and how can I sell scarves to them?

Where are these people who will spend $345, or even $206, for a scarf, and how can I sell scarves to them?

If you find them, send em my way too! :lol

I see a lot of peoples websites selling crochet and/or knit stuff for outragous prices, and I wonder sometimes just how well they sell. I mean, I know popular stores (like Anthropologie) sell very well, but they have the name behind them.

~Chicki

WOW! Those are gorgeous!!! I especially like the cashmere one! (However, cashmere or not it is NOT worth the price!) Ok, now I really want to make one!!!!! Anyone know where we can find a similar pattern? :D

I had only been looking at the white cashmere scarf. I just noticed now that the black and white are the same but all the colored scarves are just one flower wide with a border.

This is pretty close if you look at the individual motif at the end instead of the finished scarf. Each flower and surrounding chs are made individually and connected in the last round. I think the chs around the flower would have to be longer to look like the scarf in question.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now that these scarves are on sale for $172 and $94, I'm sure you all rushed out and bought one, but in case you didn't, here's what I came up with:

th_flower1.jpgth_flower2.jpg

As you can see, I got a little careless with the centers of the flowers.:blush The scarf ends are actually straight and the flower petals are actually all the same size, but I didn't take the pictures and I wasn't there to smooth it out and make it look pretty.

dtr cluster (referred to as cluster): yo 3x, insert hook in st, yo & pull loop through st, (yo & pull through 2 loops) 3x leaving last loop on hook. Repeat 3x. Yo & draw through all 5 loops on hook

beginning dtr cluster: ch 6. {yo 3x, insert hook in same st as joining, yo & pull loop through st (yo & pull through 2 loops) 3x leaving last loop on hook} 3x. Yo & draw through all 4 loops on hook

Strip One:

First Motif:

1. ch 2. 16 hdcs in 2nd ch from hook. Join, don't turn.

2. Beginning cluster, *ch 19, sk next hdc of round 1. Cluster in next st. Ch 13, sk next hdc of round 1.** Cluster in next st.* Repeat from * to * 2x and from * to ** once (8 petals) Join to top of beginning cluster. FO

Remaining Motifs:

1. ch 2. 16 hdcs in 2nd ch from hook. Join, don't turn.

2. Beginning cluster *ch 19, sk next hdc of round 1. Cluster in next st. Ch 13, sk next hdc of round 1.** Cluster in next st.* Repeat from * to * once (5 petals). Ch 9, sl st to 10th ch of ch 19 loop of last motif. Ch 9, sk next hdc on round 1 of current motif, cluster in next st, ch 6, sl st to 7th ch of the ch 13 loop of last motif (the one to the left of the ch 19 loop where last join was made). Ch 6, sk next hdc on round 1 of current motif, cluster in next st. Ch 9, sl st to 10th ch of ch 19 loop of last motif (the one to the left of the ch 13 loop where last join was made). Ch 9, sk next hdc of round 1 of current motif, cluster in next st. Ch 13 & join with sl st to top of beginning cluster.

Repeat rounds 1 & 2 of "Remaining Motifs" until you reach the length you want. If you're making the single strip scarf, proceed to finishing directions. For the triple strip scarf, continue on.

Strip Two:

First Motif:

Work same as "Remaining Motifs" of strip one, attaching to side of last motif of strip one.

Remaining Motifs of Strip Two:

1. ch 2. 16 hdcs in 2nd ch from hook. Join, don't turn

2. Beginning cluster, ch 13, sk next hdc, cluster in next st. Ch 19, sk next hdc, cluster in next st. Ch 13, sk next hdc, cluster in next st (4 petals). Ch 9, sl st in 10th ch of ch 19 loop of last motif, ch 9, sk next hdc, cluster in next st. Ch 6, sl st in 7th ch of ch 13 loop of last motif, ch 6, cluster in next st. Ch 9, sl st in 10th ch of ch 19 loop (this is the same chain you've already made a sl st from joining last two motifs), ch 9, sk next hdc, cluster next st. Now working up the side of motif, ch 6, sl st in 7th ch of ch 13 loop of motif on previous strip, ch 6, sk next hdc, cluster next st. Ch 9, sl st in 10th ch of ch 19 loop of motif on previous strip, ch 9, join to top of beginning cluster. FO

Strip Three:

Work same as strip two directions.

Finishing:

One Strip Finishing:

1. Starting at one narrow end of scarf and in center ch 13 loop, join yarn w/sc. Ch 6. Sc in ch 19 loop, ch 12, sc in same loop. *Ch 6, sc in next loop. Repeat from * to corner ch 19 loop. Ch 6, sc in ch 19 loop, ch 12, sc in same loop. Ch 6, sc in next loop. Ch 6, sc in next ch 19 loop, ch 12, sc in same loop. **Ch 6, sc in next loop. Repeat from **to corner ch 19 loop. Ch 6, sc in ch 19 loop, ch 12, sc in same loop. Ch 6, join to beginning sc.

2. Ch 1, sc same stitch as joining. Put 6 scs in each ch 6 loop, 1 sc in each sc, and 12 scs in each ch 12 loop. Join to first sc. FO

3. Join yarn in 7th sc of one of the 12 sc loops. Working up long side, sc in each sc ending in 7th sc of 12 sc loop at opposite end of same long side.

4. Ch 1 & turn. Sc in each sc across.

5. Repeat row 4

Repeat rows 3-5 on other long side

Triple Strip Finishing:

1. Starting in center ch 13 loop of middle strip, join yarn w/sc in loop. *(Ch 6, sc in next loop) across to last ch 19 loop. Ch 6, sc in ch 19 loop, ch 12, sc in same loop. Repeat from * across long side, then repeat again across short side, and repeat again on other long side, then ch 6, (sc in next loop, ch 6) acoss to first sc. Join

2-5. Same as rows 2-5 of single strip finishing directions.

Repeat rows 2-5 of single strip finishing directions on other long side.

I hope this makes sense. If you have any questions, I'm always here. :hug

:tup Great! I am going to start this pretty quickly! I've got a shawl i'm making right now. It's nice, just a mesh triangle shawl, with a really pretty green thin yarn. it's got a neat texture, there's fuzzy bits every so often. that probably didn't make sense. i'll be going now........babble babble babble.....

:hook

Archived