Anyone know what happened to Freepatterns.com

I try to document where I find a pattern free or paid when I write about it so people can either get the free copy or buy it if it is a paid version.  I went to access a fashion doll pattern from Freepatterns.com this weekend and no site.

It used to house free Annie's patterns that they had chosen not to sell as Digital patterns on their website.  Most were old Crochet World patterns.  I know the doll patterns I used were from Crochet World magazines.

I was hoping Annie's might have chosen to house these in other locations.

Chris I tried and it took me to X.  I saw the free patterns logo before it wanted me to sign in or set up an account.  I didnt want to set up an account to see what was really there.

• Like 1

My response was, "Site is no longer available". Sorry.

I checked there because I've purchased patterns from e-central and thought perhaps they'd decided to start charging for the free patterns from free-patterns but the doll patterns aren't there.

Well fooey, sorry they are being selective about what they are making available (maybe they are just moving the most frequently downloaded (previously free) patterns to that site?)

I was wondering if they were eventually going to offer something for their old Crochet World database.  There are a ton of patterns being sold on the black market for these patterns in digital format that aren't legal.  It is legal to resell the actual original copies.

It's a market that they some what tapped into with e-pattern but there are tons of patterns that have never made an appearance again many old doll things that I've collected through buying the old magazines or when they offered the CD collections of the magazines but those are no longer available through them so there is a market for them for these patterns.

Free was nice but people still end up buying them from third party vendors with no payment to the legal owner.