2024 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

16 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

The scarf started a little slowly but I just finished the first skein. I really don’t like the brand hook I’m using but it’s an M and what I had. The first skein I picked up had three ends. I set it aside to sort out later.

WTD +2

What brand of hook are you using? I know, for me, I tend to prefer Boye hooks. 

4 hours ago, PBLKNP said:

What brand of hook are you using? I know, for me, I tend to prefer Boye hooks. 

Boye is also my preferred brand, but I bought a set of Susan Bates with wood ergo handles. I like the handle ok but the hook part just doesn't work as well as the Boye, for me anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Boye is also my preferred brand, but I bought a set of Susan Bates with wood ergo handles. I like the handle ok but the hook part just doesn't work as well as the Boye, for me anyway.

Same thing with me! I needed ergonomic handles, so I tried them.  I’m much happier with Boye.  What I’ve been doing with my Boye hooks is to get those foam handles for the thinner hooks.  Not as attractive, but it does the job.  

3 hours ago, PBLKNP said:

Same thing with me! I needed ergonomic handles, so I tried them.  I’m much happier with Boye.  What I’ve been doing with my Boye hooks is to get those foam handles for the thinner hooks.  Not as attractive, but it does the job.  

I have some of the foam tubes, too, as well as some rubber band? slip ons that worked pretty well for a while. Also a set with rubber? fat handles that I like.

Hopefully I've finally learned to stick with Boye. I have several other sets that are sitting there unused--lighted ones, exchangeable tips for one handle, some nice wood ones, etc.

• Like 1