Such a pleasant Afternoon

Not to sure if this is correct place to post this but it is crochet related.

:wooI had one of the nicest afternoons that I have had in a long time today. I got the opportunity to meet and spend some time with Lori ( Homeburrough ) We met and had lunch together and talked crochet for over 2 hours. If I had't been facing rush hour traffic it probably would have been longer.

:hi Both of us being thread lovers had lots to talk about. Lori has expressed an interest in Irish crochet so I hauled down books and some of my pieces of irish crochet in various stages of development, so she could see the process up close. Hopefully she will be joinging me in creating in this beautiful aspect of crochet work. She brought some books also that I was just drooling over and will have to add to my library.

:dance I had a great time and I hope Lori did too. It was just marvelous to be able to talk about crochet with someone who loves it as much as I do. We were going to do the Sewing Festival in Puyallup but decided lunch might be better. I am glad we did it that way less exhausting and much easier to chat.

Have plans to meet with (Mythunderbird )and hopefully Lori will be joining us that day also.

What fun to share time with a fellow enthusiast of crochet and thread crochet at that.

Thanks Lori for a wonderful afternoon. :hug

Oooh - that makes me so green with jealousy! Sounds like you gals had a load of fun, hope you get to do it again, and again... and again!

Maybe I'll get a chance too sometime, now that I have more free time. I'm ready! I LOVE meeting my online friends!

When I got home I was a chatterbox to my patient, understanding husband, because Kathy is so inspirational! I couldn't help but swoon to him the lovely things she showed me, and I am so appreciative with having Irish crochet de-mystified for me!

I really enjoyed myself, too!

Secretly I'm hoping that just an ounce of Kathy's talents will rub off on me!

She forgot to mention that we also talked a little about our beloved cats and how they like to help us crochet! :D

Oh sounds like you both had a wonderful day. Makes me wish I still lived in Washington State. Hey where was Crochetville when I lived in Elma, Wa.:eek

Oh well at least we get to meet up here.:cheer

Mary

Archived