Donation Kennel Blankets

Jayashiangel

My mom is currently working at the humane society here in Phoenix where they rescue & do emergency treatment at the location that she works from.. So I'm currently working on pet blankets to lay in the cages so they're not laying on the metal cages.....

Donated approximately 20 so far....

Measurement request was 17x10 for the kitten cages...24x36 for the dog cages...

Here's a couple that I had snapped a picture of they are for the kitten cages....

20211125_085209.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question,is it two or three strands of yarn, I crochet yarn nests for the Va Bch SPCA, re-habbers,that take in injured birds squirrels, rabbits, they caution those have to be tightly stitched,so that the animals, don't get injured, the ones in the pictures do look fairly tightly crocheted

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleBearsPorch said:

I am super interested! The shelters local to me do not accept yarn items. They said because they get caught on nails. But this post makes me think I just didn't call enough places, maybe I can try again. (Central Florida)

Animal Shelters We Support | Comfort for Critters

Lots of FL shelters maybe something near you.

Yeah my mom had asked the humane society here and they were grateful for anything... Sometimes you do have to look around at different places... Maybe not the name brand shelters but maybe the smaller ones for example... You may try specific dog rescue groups for example here in Phoenix they have greyhound rescue... Or pitbull rescues so different types of groups...

Like right now a lot of places aren't taking stuff due to COVID-19...

But even whipping up a hat and a scarf and hanging it down where you see homeless people who would like to just walk by and grab it off the fence you can always add a simple note as well to it....they don't ask too many questions.... They're just thankful for a hat and a scarf...

Edited by Jayashiangel

• 2 months later...

Thanks Reni!!!

Set #5 been busy using up scraps all those fun little balls left over from tons and tons of projects....My daughter is also going to help out as she can with a few of the round style pet beds she just finished 3..

WTD= 7 plus + 3 round style

YTD= 30

20220404_104020(1)~2.jpg

20220401_095608.jpg

20220401_095558.jpg

20220401_095546.jpg

20220401_095534.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 10:49 AM, Jayashiangel said:

Thanks Reni!!!

Set #5 been busy using up scraps all those fun little balls left over from tons and tons of projects....My daughter is also going to help out as she can with a few of the round style pet beds she just finished 3..

WTD= 7 plus + 3 round style

YTD= 30

I am loving the idea of round mat styles also.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 1/4/2022 at 6:44 PM, pineknott said:

I have a question,is it two or three strands of yarn, I crochet yarn nests for the Va Bch SPCA, re-habbers,that take in injured birds squirrels, rabbits, they caution those have to be tightly stitched,so that the animals, don't get injured, the ones in the pictures do look fairly tightly crocheted

I use 2 strands of yarn.

• 10 months later...

Update donated the following last this weekend..I make & give to my mom as I complete.

8 round pet beds

D25 kitten worry worm toys

Currently have this one on my hook that outer color is olive green...but looks brown in photo....

20230716_161200.jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 5:58 PM, Tampa Doll said:

That is cool looking, is that cotton?  It looks like yarn I have here that is PnC

I am sure they love the blankets.

Sorry Mary Jo did not realize that someone had posted to my thread post.. Currently using only worsted weight yarn..

Donated 2 more batches since my last post usually around 6 each time...

However my mother took off with them before I got a picture...

Edited by Jayashiangel

3 hours ago, Jayashiangel said:

Sorry Mary Jo did not realize that someone had posted to my thread post.. Currently using only worsted weight yarn..

Donated 2 more batches since my last post usually around 6 each time...

However my mother took off with them before I got a picture...

The reason I asked, is that I have a cake of the inside color, but it is PNC cotton yarn.  Love this blanket.

It is great what you are doing.

Have a great weekend.

I think any type of Yarn would work.. This is what my mom has told me about what they do at her Humane society location with my beds ..They go to the individual animals & then when the animal get its forever home the bed goes with them....

I haven't done any in cotton but I do not see why it would not work.. I look at it like this Cotton or worsted weight yarn is better than the metal of the inside of a cage.... And if it's a cat It's better than the litter box l o l

Edited by Jayashiangel