Seeking Inspiration for Christmas 🎄

LoveCrochetQueen

Question

Hello 👋!

Im hoping everyone is feeling well and enjoying this beautiful warm days. I know it’s a little early for Christmas but o want to start early, that way I make sure I have everything I need. I want to make my entire Christmas tree in Crochet ornament different colors, different patterns.  I shared my excitement to my family let’s say they weren’t as excited. What should I do?  I’ve been dying to make a crochet Christmas tree theme and now I’m not sure.  I second guessing my patterns and my idea. Has anyone done a crochet Christmas theme tree. How was the end result? Did you like it?  

8 answers to this question

It’s your choice to decorate as you wish. There are all sorts of crochet decorations you can choose to make. Bells, snow globes, snowmen/women, animals, angels and so on. Mine has been eclectic a little this and that depending on what enticed me. 😁

it’s fun just searching and browsing to see what draws your interest and style. 
Also, small decor trees might be something you’d like. Christmas tree

Hard to get in a Christmas mood, it's breaking heat records where I am!  I haven't made a whole tree's worth of ornaments in a 'theme', but have made most of them (over many years), a hodge-podge--some crochet, others from kits of embroidered and sequined felt or bead kits.

It's just me and DH, no kids, and I had no siblings.  I always thought those tiny 'sweater' ornaments would be a cute idea for a family....here's one 

Some free patterns, if you are not a member of Ravelryyou may have to re-input the search parameters which was free and crochet on the left side menu, and Christmas ornament in the search box at the top.

Edited by Granny Square

There are so many Christmas crochet ornament patterns on the Internet, some free, some for sale. Just type that in your search bar and you'll find many. There are also booklets available at craft stores and online such as Amazon.

Examples: stockingsangels and animals, stars, thread snowflakes, gnomes, gingerbread, candy canes, crochet covered glass (or plastic) Christmas ornaments, miscellaneous, you name it, there's a pattern out there for it. Hope these links help.

I spent a whole year just making snowflakes.  I have all types of crocheted ornaments I have made and have been sent to me.  It is always fun to look for ornaments and find the ones you like.

Thank you! I have seen many pattern free and paid ( I don’t mind paying for a great pattern). I guessing I was looking for advice in should I add different ornaments of just leave the crochet ones. Or not to crochet. I wasn’t sure if it was going to look right if I mix ornaments. I guess I’m just over thinking 💭. Thank you to everyone that took time to help me. That why I love this forum 🥰

It really is about what you like and love.  I have old family vintage ornaments that I mix with hand made and other ornaments that I've been gifted and that I've made.  That works for me.  Its just DH and I and he is cool with it.  I know other people that have to stick with themes or it just doesn't feel right.

I have a family member that keeps swearing she's going to have a tree with only hand made ornaments at some point.  I wish her well with that goal.  I've made a few for her over the years.

I don't think there is a "right" answer with Christmas trees.  You have to like it when you are done.