Little Stocking

Chicki

Someone in another thread was looking for some ideas for personilzed x-mas gifts, and I suggested my mini-stockings that I put on my christmas gifts. She wanted a picture, but I decided to just write up the pattern in case anyone else was interested also. Here you go BlackWidow!

Its pretty simple, but I know that sometimes when it is getting close to x-mas, the last thing you want to do is try to come up with something last minute :lol

Its my first attempt at writing down a pattern, so if you guys notice any mistakes or anything, let me know!

I also have another little heart ornament I put on gifts....but thats for another evening :P

Pics are at the bottom.....

WW Yarn

G hook

Make 2

Chain 11

Row 1: SC in second chain from hook, SC in each chain across, CH 1, Turn.

Row 2: SC in each sp across, ch 1, Turn

Rows 3-5: repeat row 2

Row 6: SC in next 5 sps, ch 1, turn

Rows 10: repeat row 6

Last row same as row 6 except change to color of choice if you wish (I used green and a long single crochet for a contrasting look), Finish off

On the second one, I leave a long tail of the main color, and use it to slip stitch the two pieces together. Slip stitch all the way around, except for the top, where you would put your foot if it was a real stocking!

Now you have a stocking, but it is really boxy looking. Trim all ends hanging off, and turn inside out. Now it has a rounded look!

Use ribbon, buttons or whatever you would like to personalize your little stocking. It is a ‘real’ stocking, so you can stuff it if you would like. Sometimes I stuff mine with cotton fiber and pouporii to make it smell yummy. Sometimes I just put them on my cats. Have fun!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/Chicki5150/stocking2.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/Chicki5150/Chloeinstocking.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/Chicki5150/stocking3.jpg

~Chicki :hen:ducky

What a great pattern - looks to be quick and easy...exactly what I need right now! Oh wait, that sounds really wrong....the pattern looks to work up quickly and appears to be very simple to make! There we go! That sounds much better! :D

Thanks for sharing!! :hug

Glad you guys like it!

My boyfriend likes them so much, he wants me to make TWENTY for his employees at work, by next week. :(

Riiiight. I gave him the patten, some yarn and a hook and told him he better get started :lol

~Chicki

very cute...I wll try to made some today....I didn't see the other pattern for the other ornaments you mentions...if you can share them tooo that would be great! mstyrarae@gmail.com is my email addres..thanks again...tyra

Someone in another thread was looking for some ideas for personilzed x-mas gifts, and I suggested my mini-stockings that I put on my christmas gifts. She wanted a picture, but I decided to just write up the pattern in case anyone else was interested also. Here you go BlackWidow!

Its pretty simple, but I know that sometimes when it is getting close to x-mas, the last thing you want to do is try to come up with something last minute :lol

Its my first attempt at writing down a pattern, so if you guys notice any mistakes or anything, let me know!

I also have another little heart ornament I put on gifts....but thats for another evening :P

Pics are at the bottom.....

WW Yarn

G hook

Make 2

Chain 11

Row 1: SC in second chain from hook, SC in each chain across, CH 1, Turn.

Row 2: SC in each sp across, ch 1, Turn

Rows 3-5: repeat row 2

Row 6: SC in next 5 sps, ch 1, turn

Rows 10: repeat row 6

Last row same as row 6 except change to color of choice if you wish (I used green and a long single crochet for a contrasting look), Finish off

On the second one, I leave a long tail of the main color, and use it to slip stitch the two pieces together. Slip stitch all the way around, except for the top, where you would put your foot if it was a real stocking!

Now you have a stocking, but it is really boxy looking. Trim all ends hanging off, and turn inside out. Now it has a rounded look!

Use ribbon, buttons or whatever you would like to personalize your little stocking. It is a ‘real’ stocking, so you can stuff it if you would like. Sometimes I stuff mine with cotton fiber and pouporii to make it smell yummy. Sometimes I just put them on my cats. Have fun!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/Chicki5150/stocking2.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/Chicki5150/Chloeinstocking.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/Chicki5150/stocking3.jpg

~Chicki :hen:ducky

Too funny! Things have been crazy and I am more behind than ever. I stopped traveling because my mother-in-law is not as sick as she was. :cheer But it also means that my time sitting with her is gone so I'm not getting my projects done. I am just going to have to carve out some time and clean house next year. Wonder if my family can survive on pot pies? :think

BW

Glad you guys like it!

My boyfriend likes them so much, he wants me to make TWENTY for his employees at work, by next week. :(

Riiiight. I gave him the patten, some yarn and a hook and told him he better get started :lol

~Chicki

• 2 weeks later...

LOL oh my kitty? Just an adopted mutt! :lol

I will try to get around to posting that other pattern sometime this week if anyone is interested....I have just been SO BUSY. December is the busiest month between all the parties, and the shopping and making of presents.

~Chicki

• 11 months later...

Oh....thanks for sharing this clever little pattern. Perfect for so many little things. :) I have a small 3 ft tree and needed some little stockings to put on it. I think this will be good for decorating packages, and tucking a little extra in it..lipstick, money, candy, etc. Thank you again.

Too funny! Things have been crazy and I am more behind than ever. I stopped traveling because my mother-in-law is not as sick as she was. :cheer But it also means that my time sitting with her is gone so I'm not getting my projects done. I am just going to have to carve out some time and clean house next year. Wonder if my family can survive on pot pies? :think

BW

Sure they can survive on them. They are a balanced meal in a convenient form.... meat, veggies, bread. EVEN several veggies, so more towards the 5 a day mentality :D :D

Sandy

• 2 years later...

Archived