2021 WIPs

1 hour ago, Tampa Doll said:

Love the bear and the appliques. 

Here is my newest finished project.  It is for an 18" doll and will be sent north with others in a donation box.

2021 Baily (2).JPG

Thank you. The grandparents are living mainly at the beach so haven’t been able to give them the gift yet. Not sure where daughter currently lives. 
Lovely doll outfits. I’m still working on my checkered ghan. I received first Crochet World mag, enjoyed browsing but no urge to make anything. Have a wonderful weekend 

Decided to start on a (camouflage)snake for eldest gs he has a birthday coming in next few months. Haven’t decided on color. 
Came across this shrug that got my interest some time ago. Seems like it’s in one of my older magazines. https://www.allfreecrochet.com/Shawls/Kimono-Shrug-from-Caron

may add that one to my list. 
Snake head:

EE9B5800-37A0-4AA2-8546-A44A44115171.jpeg

Edited by NCcountrygal
Add photo

Every time I reorganize I forget where I put stuff. Today I finally found the stitch pattern book I had been looking for... in the bookcase cabinet where I store special plates and cups. Last place I checked and sure enough 3 books in the corner.   It has a cute child cardigan that incorporates the tulip stitch. Added to my wanna make again for gifting. (The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet, Margaret Hubert) 😁

Adding a bit more length to snake before I start decreasing sts. 
Anybody else have projects in progress to share?

I'm still plugging along on the afghan for my GD. It seems lately, during the cold spells we've been having here (although, today was warmer), it effects my pain level so I'm only able to progress with 2-3 rows on the afghan daily. Sometimes, during the middle of the day I work on it a bit. But I have to admit, I am slower too. It may just work out fine though since the GD is moving into a brand new home in May, so, it could turn into a surprise housewarming gift instead of just a surprise.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ReniC said:

I'm still plugging along on the afghan for my GD. It seems lately, during the cold spells we've been having here (although, today was warmer), it effects my pain level so I'm only able to progress with 2-3 rows on the afghan daily. Sometimes, during the middle of the day I work on it a bit. But I have to admit, I am slower too. It may just work out fine though since the GD is moving into a brand new home in May, so, it could turn into a surprise housewarming gift instead of just a surprise.

A little at a time still gets it done. Sorry about the pain, hopefully your weather will warm up soon. Sounds perfect as a housewarming gift. 
I haven’t crocheted much been browsing through old magazines, thinking about what we’ll grow in the garden.  Realistically 😁

3 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

A little at a time still gets it done. Sorry about the pain, hopefully your weather will warm up soon. Sounds perfect as a housewarming gift. 
I haven’t crocheted much been browsing through old magazines, thinking about what we’ll grow in the garden.  Realistically 😁

Thanks for the empathy. I did get 4 rows done last night- Yay! It has warmed up temporarily to 73°F today and I feel a difference. That will be short lived though. We always have a big cold spell, even snow, around Easter time. We used to have one of the most beautiful gardens in northwest Arizona. Raised vegetable gardens, 40 rose bushes, snowdrops, tulips, hyacinth, rosemary, Texas Sage, honeysuckle, I could go on and on. Now I have 3 rose bushes, 4 large flower pots and the rest is desert landscaping. We decided less is better since DH and I both knew I would not be able to keep it up after he died. Sure do miss the color changes and the fragrances from the flowers though.

I was browsing some of my old Magic Crochet magazines last night and thoroughly enjoyed seeing the beautiful thread crochet patterns. Too bad the magazine isn't published anymore. It was my favorite. I made many doilies out of those mag's.

Hope all is well your way. 🙂

I use to have some of the Magic Crochet magazines.  I should look thru the mags I have to see what I have.

Glad to hear the warm weather has helped some.  I have trouble when it rains.

I have finished the doll dress I was working on, but had to find red bows to put on the dogs.  The ones I wanted with pearls, are no where to be found, unless I want to pay twice the price of the bows for shipping.  So I order plain bows and I will put my own pearls on them.

I hope soon you will be able to work more on the afghan.  Trouble is the cool weather makes it easier to work on afghans, but the pain does not.  6 of 1 1/2 dozen of anther.

Another sunny day here. Later this week it’s suppose to get into the 70s. Still have my physical issues and pain surges but overall still able to do more than years before. Baked a yummy pumpkin bread from scratch and shared a loaf with family (get together) yesterday. Laundry today. Hope your day is good

19 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

I use to have some of the Magic Crochet magazines.  I should look thru the mags I have to see what I have.

Glad to hear the warm weather has helped some.  I have trouble when it rains.

I have finished the doll dress I was working on, but had to find red bows to put on the dogs.  The ones I wanted with pearls, are no where to be found, unless I want to pay twice the price of the bows for shipping.  So I order plain bows and I will put my own pearls on them.

I hope soon you will be able to work more on the afghan.  Trouble is the cool weather makes it easier to work on afghans, but the pain does not.  6 of 1 1/2 dozen of anther.

Looking forward to seeing the doll outfit. 

1 hour ago, NCcountrygal said:

Another sunny day here. Later this week it’s suppose to get into the 70s. Still have my physical issues and pain surges but overall still able to do more than years before. Baked a yummy pumpkin bread from scratch and shared a loaf with family (get together) yesterday. Laundry today. Hope your day is good

Mmmmm... I love Pumpkin Bread! I never think to make it though until the holiday season. Yesterday I made mini-cheesecakes with fresh strawberry topping for DD- her favorite. I have to sit at the kitchen counter now to make any goodies for baking, but that's ok. DD made her famous tacos last night for Sunday dinner. I don't know what she does to them, but they are so freakin' good.

Going to the eye Dr today for my 3 month check-up. I really like this Dr. I'm seeing now. He's very thorough.

Today is a day for all women to enjoy being a woman on International Woman's Day!

21 hours ago, ReniC said:

Mmmmm... I love Pumpkin Bread! I never think to make it though until the holiday season. Yesterday I made mini-cheesecakes with fresh strawberry topping for DD- her favorite.
Sounds delicious!

I have to sit at the kitchen counter now to make any goodies for baking, but that's ok. DD made her famous tacos last night for Sunday dinner. I don't know what she does to them, but they are so freakin' good.

Spices used can make a big difference  I’ve started making mine with Salsa sauce  

Going to the eye Dr today for my 3 month check-up. I really like this Dr. I'm seeing now. He's very thorough.

Today is a day for all women to enjoy being a woman on International Woman's Day!

❤️

496C88A1-D0C8-44C2-9DBC-A71E6DBB1E90.jpeg

• Like 1

The bread looks delicious.  The afghan is adorable.

Here is the outfit I made for Bailey4.  It has scotty dogs around the dress and yes that is a scotty dog purse.

Scotty Dress (2).JPG

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tampa Doll said:

The bread looks delicious. 
Thanks!

The afghan is adorable.

Here is the outfit I made for Bailey4.  It has scotty dogs around the dress and yes that is a scotty dog purse.

Scotty Dress (2).JPG

Looks great. The Afghan is a photo of the last catalog, front page, from Herrschners, I like looking at it but no desire to make. Bwg 

13 hours ago, Tampa Doll said:

How is that going?  I can't seem to grasp how to do that.  Guess I just need practice.

Truthfully it looks almost like knitting.

Finished, ready for use. Yep, good instructions and practice. I use to call it croknitweave. 

53A2E6A4-12FD-4354-B5E8-D9CD46A33CD5.jpeg

• Like 1

Very cool,  looks great.

Here is the latest outfit I made for the 18" American Girl type doll. It is another of the Scotty outfits.  This is another of the outfits in the pattern book.

She is all ready for the cold.

DSC04627.JPG

• Like 1