2021 WIPs

Have been reading up on preservation techniques for what we’re growing. Plan on doing some dehydrating, freezing and maybe some canning. Leisure crocheting. 
Adding Komatsuna spinach mustard as a new variety in our garden to try. Majority now planted and already surfacing from the ground.  Upper 80s and muggy.  Blech 

Hows everybody’s WIPs coming along?

I have about a dozen+ rows to work on DD's afghan then I can start on the first part of the border. Edges are straight and even (I think) and a soft and fluffy 'ghan. 

Edited by ReniC

On 6/7/2021 at 1:34 PM, ReniC said:

I have about a dozen+ rows to work on DD's afghan then I can start on the first part of the border. Edges are straight and even (I think) and a soft and fluffy 'ghan. 

Cool. Enjoy. 
My head is still busy on gardening. Need to look up if magnolia leaves are ok for mulching or not. Already planning for fall garden. 😁

Found my daisy flower pattern. Wasn’t looking for it just browsing through some patterns.  Been too sick to do much of anything till today.  Still sick but better.  
Not feeling much motivation so will probably just make flower squares for now. 

I remember Charlie Chimp from way back! Sure is cute. Hope you feel better Diana.

• Thanks 1

I’ve been making all the parts as I can’t move on with the head till the eyes arrive and I may use a nose from the kit. The body and legs are ready. Arms, hands then add thumbs. Only head scratcher is the chenille stem. Not clear so I just winged it on the first wrist/hand.   Photo shows leg and foot detail, even has knees. 
Reni, how’s your Afghan coming along? 
Stay cool everybody. 

BDE25CE7-4275-42BB-A904-8780703B6E95.jpeg

Hi Diana: I'm on the final round for the border. The original border I was going to use was mistakenly forgotten about (LOL) so I tried another. I wound up not liking the whole thing so I frogged it and restarted, then only did part of it. It just was not working with the #5 weight yarn. Who knows, I may frog the border again. I'll post a pic when it's complete. Thanks for asking. 

5 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Finishing up the banana peel today.  Looking forward to seeing your Afghan.  

I DID frog the second try on the border after all. I'm liking this final one a lot better. 3.5 rounds to go.

Planning on starting Lunar rectangle by Kim Guzman as soon as yarn arrives.   Still waiting for eyes nose kit. A few more rows on my red buffalo Afghan last night. 
USpolishgirl did you make your pillow?  I found the video to be better than the written pattern. (Clearer)

Charlie has eyes and a nose. Finishing up head. Then assembly which I dread the most. 
Started the Lunar rectangle Afghan with RH ombré, coral. Like the ombré yarn though not sure if I will stick to the pattern.  Do a repeat of rounds 6-12 and see if it still appeals to me.  
Anybody have any ombré yarn Afghan favorites?

1 hour ago, NCcountrygal said:

Charlie has eyes and a nose. Finishing up head. Then assembly which I dread the most. 
Started the Lunar rectangle Afghan with RH ombré, coral. Like the ombré yarn though not sure if I will stick to the pattern.  Do a repeat of rounds 6-12 and see if it still appeals to me.  
Anybody have any ombré yarn Afghan favorites?

One I like is the Shaded Shells Throw by Redheart. Afternoon Tide Throw is pretty. And the Grace Blanket on Ravely is lovely also. I tried the Mosaic Granny square but found it to be too heavy and cannot find the pattern any longer.

Thank you, Reni. I put Shaded Shells pdf in books.  Grace is a beauty but calls for fingering yarn.  I looked up mosaic granny very nice but like you said would be bulky.  I was perusing what I have at home in resources. 
Lunar is pretty but not really the style I wanted.  Sometimes, just have to work a pattern to know whether it’s right or not. 

94E6EBDE-435E-484C-B2C4-5A7F396937D3.jpeg

3 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Decided on rectangle granny. Mainly, so I can work it leisurely and won’t have to keep reading a pattern.  Granny Rectangle

I liked her starting instructions and edging.  
Super muggy outside  

The Rectangle Granny looks like a quick one to make. I look forward to seeing it when you're finished. Hot here- 101°. Ugh- guess I live in the wrong part of the world. Wish I was back by the ocean.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NCcountrygal said:

Well, I’m gonna change pattern again. 🙄 I like it but after looking at Laurie Richardson’s afghans based on Daisy Farms Crochet Chevron. She had some using ombré. Anthracite and another with purple ombré. Loved the look much more than rectangle granny. 
Daisy Farm chevron

here’s a near skein of ombré in granny .......

I think your Granny in ombre looks great. And I love Daisy Fam Crafts patterns. They offer so many great ones to choose from.

2 hours ago, ReniC said:

I think your Granny in ombre looks great. And I love Daisy Fam Crafts patterns. They offer so many great ones to choose from.

Yes I like browsing her site.   The sweaters I made turned out perfect for the grandsons.  Her Buffalo ghans inspired the one still in progress.  Lauries afghans  was fun to peruse.  Nice to see an assortment of colors.
(it’s an easy pattern to memorize so will be able to start and stop as I feel up to it) 

Just had a shower and looks like it may come down again.  A little cooler.  Children and grandchildren were at the beach along with some of their friends. 

4 hours ago, NCcountrygal said:

Happy to report that the chevron stripe is the pattern I’ll use with my coral ombré yarn   

The chevron is going to be very pretty and cheerful. Charlie is adorable. How about something striped for his sweater?  When my GD was a little girl, we gave her a stuffed orangutan from the Phoenix Zoo. I crocheted 7 sweaters for him and she changed them every single day. Two were striped and her favorites. She keeps all of them in her cedar chest.

• Like 1