your stitch markers Pics pleaasseee

Holy Cow!!!

I just about fell off my chair (and that's saying something 'cuz this one has armrests AND my butt's been planted in it for about 3 hours now catching up on the posts to this site)

Those stitch markers are absolutely gorgeous!! I was just using small scraps of yarn to mark my place - I thought "wow - a stitch marker swap - what are they mail little pieces of yarn to each other?!?!?"

Well now I'm just gonna have to find some beading supplies so I can make a bunch of these for Christmas! Jeepers those are nice. Thanks for the inspiration everyone!

Fran

Here is some stitch markers I made from clay. Donna (photos are clickable)

th_DSC00940.jpg

th_DSC00937.jpg

Donna, what are the metal clip parts and where could they be bought? I'd like to make some markers too and until this thread- I hadn't even heard of them!! I live a very sheltered life.:lol Ana

Ana, If you visit your local craft shop..look where the jewelry making supplies are. Both sets of my stitch markers are made using earring wires. I just used a short piece of wire to make to attach the stitch marker to the earring wire! The Earring clips usually come in a package anywhere from 6-50 depending on what kind you buy.

Donna

Wow you guys are great i've never seen stitch markers before. I use a different color yarn or the little plastic things we have to close a loaf of bread. I put stitch markers on my wish list only to see what they were. I am going to make some for my craft group for xmas i'm so inspired. What a great idea we are so backward in Aussie land i can't believe it sometimes. lol

Wow! Thanks to all who left pics on here for those of use who can't see certain areas of this site.

I too, had never heard of stitch markers & I've been crocheting for more years than I like to mention.......LOL

I am going to go through my jewerly box & see if I can find any old shepherd hooks & try to make some myself (although I have absolutly NO talent in creating anything without a pattern).

Thanks again for the pics, maybe I'll just end up using an earring with a scrap of wool attached...........see what I mean 'bout creativity?

:ohdear

I do have some lovely stitch markers, but I've also just used earrings, esp. if I'm crocheting while I'm out and about. I almost always have a pair in my ears, and if I get to a spot where I need a marker, I pull one of the leverback earrings out of an ear, attach it to my crochet, and keep on stitching. I got the funniest looks when I did that in the doctor's office, then a lady (who apparently crochets or knits) commented on what a great idea it was, and how she'd always just used a scrap of yarn. :lol I've used French wire earrings, too, but like the leverbacks best, as they close all the way and can't fall out of the work if I need to shove it into my bag hastily.

The little rings that you use to attach the bits to the earring are also called jump rings. The various metal bits (ear wires and jump rings and anything else like that) are called findings. You can find parts at crafts stores, or online from places like Fire Mountain Gems. The metal pins you'd thread beads onto and then use jump rings to attach to the ear wires would be called head pins.

This was prob. TMI, and not a help -- sorry!:P Have fun making your stitch markers, guys!

Lene'

Rebecca,

LOL, I'm so glad you liked the sheep. Of course a bribe is always nice, I'm loving the socks you make, lol. But seriously, no bribes are needed..just pm me your address and the colors you would like :)

Donna

Ana, If you visit your local craft shop..look where the jewelry making supplies are. Both sets of my stitch markers are made using earring wires. I just used a short piece of wire to make to attach the stitch marker to the earring wire! The Earring clips usually come in a package anywhere from 6-50 depending on what kind you buy.

Donna

Thanks, Donna, I'll be off to Walmart tomorrow looking for them. Funny- that's the one place in that store I don't think I've ever looked through!!:lol I know most of the rest of the craft area, though!

Ana

Archived