Can Anyone Identify This Yarn?

Libits2

Question

Hi everyone.  I unearthed some very old yarn and decided to make something out of it.  It turns out I'm going to need a bit more of it but I can't find it anywhere.  Can anyone identify it?  I believe it would be either Caron, Red Heart, or Bernat.  It's pretty old so it wouldn't be one of the newer brands or was called a brick or a cake (or whatever).  Bernat Baby Sparkle Yarn-White is close but it doesn't have the wiggles that this does.

Purple and White Wiggly.jpg

White Wiggly.jpg

6 answers to this question

I was thinking Bernat too, they had a couple of baby boucle yarns in various weights but looks like they are all now discontinued.  Might have been this one

https://www.ravelry.com/yarns/library/bernat-candyland

I think finding more of the same stuff, let alone matching color is going to be difficult; you might try finding some plain new yarn that 'goes with' it and using this as a trim or accent stripes--like a plain hat with a textured band of that yarn at the edge.  Do you have any little ones on your gift list?  You have plenty of yarn to make a couple of cute "furry" toys.  Or you probably have enough for a striped hat and cowl set for a grownup.

Wow!  You gals are good!  This is, indeed, Bernat baby yarn and I found it on Amazon.  I really only needed white.  If there's a difference in the whites, I'll throw in a couple of rows of purple to break it up.  Thanks so much!

It's funny I've used this yarn for years for various Santa doll projects but I've never bought it in the stores.  I've always found it at various second hand sales.  Thanks for the heads up as I believe I'm finally on my last skein.