Stitch markers... how??

bubblefizz

I would have liked to have been in the stitch markers swap but i dont know how to make them or what you need,:think ive been looking as some but they look like a circle (perfect for knitting) but what do you use for crochet?? i mean the must open right??:blush

Angie, I use lever-back french hook earring findings for mine -- they end up looking like little earrings, too, but they work perfectly and don't come loose. I've been fortunate enough to receive markers from various kind C'villers which have used regular french hook findings and wire twisted into a kind of U-shape with curlicues on the ends ... there are all sorts of variations. If you look in the stitch marker swap thread you'll see tons of pictures of the different types. I had never used them until recently and now I can't imagine NOT using them!

I would go to the beading/jewelry dept of a craft store. Basically you want some hooks either ones that clip closed, or the hook earring things. then of course choose beads, charms, etc. for wireI bought the 2 inch i-pins. they have a circle loop at the bottom and a 2 inch stick. looks kinda like a little upside down lolipop.i put charms on the bottom loop, and a few beads on the stem get some pliers and twist it around the hook and crimp closed. I really enjoyed making them. they can get addicting. i found just a few beads worked better for me than alot say 3-ish. if you need any help just post. we :manyheart stitch markers:D

I tend like my stitch markers simple and not dangly, like some people here make theirs. It's all a matter of preference, of course, but I'm just paranoid about tangling, I guess.

I just make mine with 2" head pins. I put the bead at the bottom, secure it in place with a little tiny dab of superglue, then curl up the remainder of the pin with pliers.

Here's a link to some I RAOK'ed out awhile back.

Of course they work, I use them all the time! My favs are the leverback earring type, but you could do a search on eBay for shepards hook earwires, leverback earwires, french hook earwires, etc. The Headpins (these have a flat end so the beads don't fall off), etc can also be found there. You would need some beads and some needlenose pliers and you would be set!

LOL ok i thought you would say that....no i meant to say is that some of these ive seen looked like they would fall off the work, but yea i can understand the lever back ones, still not sure about the others well atleast until ive tried them LOL

but got my stock coming ....hooks, pliers, beads etc....

cant wait to start!

I have yet to try making stitch markers and was wondering some of the same questions! Thanks for the info ~ maybe I'll give it a whirl now!

Exellent.... me and you both :clap :clap

let me know how you get on with yours if/when you decide to have ago :hug

I tend like my stitch markers simple and not dangly, like some people here make theirs. It's all a matter of preference, of course, but I'm just paranoid about tangling, I guess.

I just make mine with 2" head pins. I put the bead at the bottom, secure it in place with a little tiny dab of superglue, then curl up the remainder of the pin with pliers.

Here's a link to some I RAOK'ed out awhile back.

Natalie, I'd love to see what you are describing -- they sound really neat. Would you either post a pic here, or a link to somewhere that I can visit so I can see (I'm not yet able to access the area you linked to :( )

TIA! :U

Natalie, thanks so much for posting the picture. :hug

It's a lot clearer now, and they look great -- something that I would use (since I'm not into the "dangly stuff" so much, for fear of tangles). Think I will even try my hand at one or two. :)

Thanks again! :cheer

Archived