2019 Mini Stockings for Warmth for Warriors

• 2 weeks later...

@RecycleCindy Those stockings are so cute! :yes

I would love it if you cross-posted these photos in Show-and-Tell🙏 I'd like to see this community lively again :compute and I think Show-and-Tell is a great place to start. New members can find our finished projects easily there.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my latest batch of mini Christmas stockings for the troops. I played around with striping on some of these stockings using this cuffed stocking pattern. I still have a huge skein of paddy green yarn to use up so more green stockings are definitely in my future. 😄

1376910558_stockings8-19.thumb.JPG.073d4296e8986e9f80dc426af881e8f3.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here are the new numbers from Warmth for Warriors headquarters on our stocking count for the year:  2653 :cheer

We have this unofficial goal of 4000 for the year so we are off to a great start so far. Keep up the good work everyone. We have until November 1 to make and ship mini stockings to headquarters.  A big thank you to all those that have helped this year with our stocking drive.

On 8/30/2019 at 10:35 AM, bgs said:

Great news Cindy.  I am working in ends on a pile of them now. 

OH that is wonderful! You have been such a great contributor for our stocking drive this year. :ty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just packed up these 28 mini Christmas stockings for shipment today to Warmth for Warriors. Only about 6 weeks left in the 2019 stocking drive. I will be working on one more batch before the deadline of November 1.

628801803_W4WStockings9-2019.thumb.JPG.17380484fe16f906e32a9d29f0cb6f29.JPG

Edited by RecycleCindy
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have been working on a push for this last week of the 2019 stocking drive. Here are 12 more BLO stockings I crocheted. Added some jingle bells to a few of these. I bought a package of the small bells for just a dollar at Dollar Tree. I think there were about 25 bells in the package so I will have more for next year too.

1792937275_Stockings81-922019.thumb.JPG.02f34f8e88ee2afa4297aa1aecd14622.JPG

Cindy such a pretty batch of stockings.  I have some I need to mail if I can find them.  We are in the middle of moving and downsizing and its to the point I have no idea where some things are or even which place some things are at.

2 hours ago, bgs said:

Cindy such a pretty batch of stockings.  I have some I need to mail if I can find them.  We are in the middle of moving and downsizing and its to the point I have no idea where some things are or even which place some things are at.

Thank you and you can always send stockings. Even after the deadline and they will use them for next year. Best wishes on the move and it's always challenging to get settled again after a move.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to post a final 2019 count of our Warmth for Warriors stockings. They received 3919 stockings which outdid our 2018 drive of 3648.

2019 was our best year ever for the number of stockings so thank you everyone for all your help. I will be starting a 2020 thread soon.