Dual Handled Recycled Tote

RecycleCindy

Just finished up this recycled tote that I crocheted mainly with Safeway brown bags. I used some red newspaper bags for the stripe. This bag features dual handles so you can either grasp it on the hand grip or swing the long strap over your shoulder. More info and pattern directions found here if anyone is interested. Finished size is 13" x 13" with 30 inch long shoulder strap.

59d52a4499024_BrownRedDualHandleTote.thumb.jpg.b89bf3acc48169ef71b16536a26efbcb.jpg

I really like this! I have never crocheted with bags, have thought about it but never have. Is it difficult in any way? Just always wondered about whether the bags were stiff and not as easy to work with. 

17 hours ago, TheRusticHook said:

I really like this! I have never crocheted with bags, have thought about it but never have. Is it difficult in any way? Just always wondered about whether the bags were stiff and not as easy to work with. 

Thanks! Some bags are easier than others. If you use the soft, non-stiff type retails bags, it is better. It takes some getting used to crocheting with them but it gets easier with time and practice. I love to reuse the bags and create new things so I have lots of practice. Check out my blog for more recycled crafting ideas if you are interested.

• 6 months later...

Archived