2017 Mini Christmas Stocking Drive

RecycleCindy

What wonderful group of stockings! I love the snowflake image you made on the 2nd one. Are those knitted or waistcoat stitching? I see you did a cuffed mini stocking too. Great job and I am so excited about all the stockings that are being made already this year.

the stockings are knitted flat and then seamed, if I was to knit one in the round I don't know if it would be finished yet :P eventually I am going to try one in the round, but I have a blanket commitment that I need to finish by the end of this month.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this idea but I'm curious, how do you measure the stocking?  is it 6 inches from the cuff to the heel or the cuff to the toe?

I think 6" it is the height of that stocking from (top to bottom). That dos not include the length of the "foot" area, because that would be way too small. And wide enough to be able to fit something like a bar of soap & something extra maybe a disposible shaver(small item). I make them little bigger so there would not be any problems to fit couple small items inside.

Maybe Cindy can give you better info-explanation on that subject.

I do not think any one knows right now how many members will be sending those stockings for this year. Cindy probably knows how many were last year.

Krys

I love this idea but I'm curious, how do you measure the stocking?  is it 6 inches from the cuff to the heel or the cuff to the toe?

The stockings are suppose to be around 6 inches long. I generally measure them from the top cuff down to the toe. But don't get too caught up in size as they fill them with goodies and as long as a few trial sized shampoos, soaps, etc will fit in them, that is the right size. I know some of my stockings are wider and therefore hold more so that is fine if they are 5 inches long. Again everything is appreciated and will be used so crochet away! 

ETA: Corrected myself as I generally measure from the top cuff to the toe.

26 to mail out tomorrow

26 stockings already! You all are just killing it this year. I can't believe how many stockings have already been crocheted and knitted for the drive so far this year. Thank you so very much!

I think 6" it is the height of that stocking from (top to bottom). That dos not include the length of the "foot" area, because that would be way too small. And wide enough to be able to fit something like a bar of soap & something extra maybe a disposible shaver(small item). I make them little bigger so there would not be any problems to fit couple small items inside.

Maybe Cindy can give you better info-explanation on that subject.

I do not think any one knows right now how many members will be sending those stockings for this year. Cindy probably knows how many were last year.

Krys

Again don't worry so much on the exact size of your stockings. Many of mine are 5 to 6 inches long and the widths vary. As long as a few goodies can fit inside, they will work great. Total stockings for last year were 1926 and this year as of last week - total is  277. I don't have a breakdown from just Crochetville as many people don't specific when shipment are received what forum they are from. We also have people who are from Crochetville who are also from Ravelry so the groups cross over. All I know is there are many wonderful people out there many lots of stockings for the troops. :manyheart

The stockings are suppose to be around 6 inches long. I generally measure them from the top cuff down to the heel. But don't get too caught up in size as they fill them with goodies and as long as a few trial sized shampoos, soaps, etc will fit in them, that is the right size. I know some of my stockings are wider and therefore hold more so that is fine if they are 5 inches long. Again everything is appreciated and will be used so crochet away! 

thank you for the answer.  I was getting more concerned about the length  haha  but now I have one pattern figured out and I'll see what I can do!

finished another one

What a cool stocking! I love all the colors. I just think it is so cool to do unusual colors as people are just going to think they are so unique when they receive them. 

thank you for the answer.  I was getting more concerned about the length  haha  but now I have one pattern figured out and I'll see what I can do!

I have to correct myself as I generally measure from the top cuff to the TOE. I earlier said heel when I meant to say toe. Again don't worry if your socks are a bit shorter, longer or wider. They all well be appreciated and used by the Warmth for Warriors Christmas stocking drive.

I have to correct myself as I generally measure from the top cuff to the TOE. I earlier said heel when I meant to say toe. Again don't worry if your socks are a bit shorter, longer or wider. They all well be appreciated and used by the Warmth for Warriors Christmas stocking drive.

I've been measuring mine from the cuff to the toe also.

Ratdog love your 26. You can get a pretty good idea of Crochetville participation from this thread as I think most try to post our numbers here.

Rene' you have turned into one knitting machine. They are all cute.

Archived