Hurricane Wilma lapghan

rsisland

I live in SW Florida where hurricane Wilma recently went through. I had some quick and easy projects lined up to keep me occupied during the waiting before and after the storm. Then my husband talked to his Mom from upstate NY and she said she wanted me to make her a flag afghan since her last red/white/blue-ghan I made mysteriously disappeared. A little background on my MIL....she is now in the final stages of several illnessess. Hope Hospice has been called in because the docs gave her less than 6 months to live. She has asthma, emphasema, COPD among some other ailments. Her lungs are only operating at 3% capacity, her heart is starting to fail, and her kidneys are giving in also. So...of course I would make her anything she asked for. She is a big american flag fanatic.

Everytime I crochet, I learn something new. This time I learned that the beginning chain stretches some and becomes longer than when you first measured. My MIL is only 4ft 9 in. and is bed/wheelchair ridden. This ghan is alittle over 5 feet long :eek. I also learned that my mind/eye seems to get easily confused. I started the blue portion in the wrong spot. OH well, she will love it anyway I'm sure. Now she has a story to go with the afghan!!

th_IM000443.jpg

Archived