Crochet shop name

Hi all,

I'm Sarah and I am originally from Belgium but have lived in the UK for 2 years now, commuting between Manchester and Leicester

I mainly joined this forum to ask you for some advice.

So, I am wanting to start my own crochet shop and have everything ready to go, except for a name...

I was wondering if anyone here could offer some advice please?

So far I've come up with stuff like "Magic Rainbow Crochet" because in crochet you can use so many colours it sometimes resembles a rainbow and a friend of mine has said before that crochet is 'magic' because he really doesn't get how it's done.

I've also come up with "From Sarah With Love" because my name is Sarah and I love crochet and therefor put love, passion and thought into every single item I make.

Another name I thought of is "Sarah's Makes".

Now the main problem I have with these is that my boyfriend says they might be too hard to find on Google or they might be too long, so that's made me think about them again and so I'm still looking for an appropriate name for my crochet shop. (My favourite is stil "From Sarah With Love" but that might indeed be too long, not sure)

All I really want my crochet shop name to be is something lovely and cute and something that people will immediately know what it's about (or just have an idea what it's about, like handmade or made with love) doesn't even have to include my name (some people suggested to just put my initials together and put crochet behind it but my name has 5 initials so I thought that'd be a bit difficult again).

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you for reading!!

Crochet love, Sarah

Hi Sarah, welcome to the Ville!

What kind of shop is it? Will it be online, or a physical store, or both? Are you going to sell things you make? Supplies for crocheting?

Ooh, I probably should've given some more info, whoops.

It will be an Etsy shop where I sell homemade crochet items such as cardigans, jumpers, shawls, hats, mittens and many other things.

My one big dream is to one day start a yarn shop as well but I'm still a student now so maybe when I'm a bit older and actually have funds/space for that :)

There's a magazine in the US called "Molly Makes", I think its for assorted crafts not just crochet; although I like it; you never know if the magazine might not appreciate it).  Of the choices you gave, I like 'Magic Rainbow' the best.

I'm trying to think of a word that starts with S to go with Sarah... "Sarah's Specialties?"  Hmmm.

Sarah's Hook,  (description: A fine purveyance of fibers and crochet).

The word crochet doesn't have to be in the business title since it can be included in tags. Also, If you would want to expand later on with types of inventory, you would be limited to crochet.

Don't forget to check if a business name is already used on Etsy.

• 3 weeks later...

The shorter the name, the better off you are on Etsy.  It is hard enough to remember names and shops.  You might also want to check and see if there is a letter limit. Once upon a time there was and my original shop was way too long.  Lucky enough they let us change our shop names and I went from Everlasting Crafty Creations to Head2urtoes.  

Archived