Looking for a pattern for a leftover half skein of yarn

Eisbärin

Question

Hello everyone,

this is my first post here, so please be gentle ;)

I have a good half skein of a gorgeous magenta coloured fine yarn left from an old project. I don't know what it is exactly but I think it's fingering weight/lace weight or slightly thicker and think it's a silk blend. It's too nice to be used for anything too gimmicky in my opinion.

I normally crochet garments (tops, cardis, jumpers, hats, scarfs) and the odd home decor piece (blankets, cushions, baskets) and tend to like modern styles.

Has anyone got any recommendations for what I can do with this yarn? Many thanks in advance,

Alex

7 answers to this question

Maybe a scarf with an open stitch pattern that takes less yarn. You can weight the yarn but without knowing exactly what yarn it is you're still guessing about how much you have. Have you looked at possible ideas on ravelry? You can search for say scarves and then narrow it down by free or not patterns, and by the yarn weight, etc.

Or maybe a necklace.

I'm sure others here will have ideas, too.

If you are a not a member of Ravelry,sign up is free.  Here is the search for fingering weight:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#view=captioned_thumbs&weight=light-fingering&sort=best&craft=crochet

Scroll down to yardage on the left and click what you think you have.  You can also click free at the top, if you want only free patterns.  Be aware that not all paid for patterns are available.

That should give you a few ideas such as headband, wrist warmers, shawlette, infinity scarf, etc.  Hopefully you find something.  Good luck!  :)

Archived