Two doilies made with Guetermann sewing thread C Ne 50

• 1 month later...

Veronika, I am in awe of your beautiful work! Looks like you love doilies as much as I do. I am wanting to try the sewing thread doilies, and was wondering if you could let me know if you use only one strand of thread for each doily? Or do you use more than one strand for a doily? Thank you in advance for your answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Veronika, I am in awe of your beautiful work! Looks like you love doilies as much as I do. I am wanting to try the sewing thread doilies, and was wondering if you could let me know if you use only one strand of thread for each doily? Or do you use more than one strand for a doily? Thank you in advance for your answer.

Sorry Melissa, for this late answer but I just returned from three weeks holiday in Hurghada (Egypt) today.

I use Gütermann C Ne 50 sewing thread which comes in spooles with 400 m - 438 yds/vgs. I think with one spoole you could crochet about three doilies of the size of the red one. I also use a very fine TULIP hook 0,35 mm which I order online at kloeppelkiste.de in Germany. I have not ruined one fine hook with the sewing thread, but when I crocheted with Anchor thread size 80 or size 100 I have broken several hooks!

Greetings from Vienna, Veronika

• 4 weeks later...

Archived