Sam the Snowman with arms:) 12" tall Amigurumi

USpolishgirl

Hello again:)

Meet Sam the Snowman:)

He is one of my tallest Amigurumi that I made until now- 12" tall.. I had a little problem with his pictures. His arms-branches would not wanted to show-up against all those red flowers on my table. I was trying to take a picture of him on my dark table, still would not show. I was moving him around on that table, I think I got his arms showing. He got wires in his arm so they can be re-position. Sam was not very easy to make, because of those arms. But, he was all ready to celebrate Holiday's:).

Last night we got a lot of snow here. Kids probably will start making a real snowman:). Snow & cold here. I hate winters.

Scroll down to post #7, one more picture there! :).

Happy New Year! :)

Krys

PS: Tomorrow I will post here the last picture of my crochet stuff Christmas- 2015.

post-73590-0-80736600-1452634004_thumb.jpgpost-73590-0-36408700-1452634069_thumb.jpg

post-73590-0-36302900-1452634106_thumb.jpgpost-73590-0-39491800-1452634133_thumb.jpg

Sam is adorable, too!!  I think I would have just used pipe cleaners for the arms.  They look difficult to make.  I love his hat and scarf accessories.  :)

Thank you Redroses:)

I did put pipe cleaners inside,  I just call them wires LOL

Krys

Sam is adorable, too!!  I think I would have just used pipe cleaners for the arms.  They look difficult to make.  I love his hat and scarf accessories.  :)

Those arms would not been that difficult to make IF only I would had a thinner brown yarn. I only had WW in brown color. Small, tiny rounds can be made with no problem but NOT with a thick yarn! :(. I did looked in a store for that thin brown yarn & on line at Joann.com. I just could not find that. All I found it was a baby colors not brown. Maybe I was looking in a "wrong" places at Joann.com.

I finally got an idea that I do not need to crochet that in little rounds, I can crochet that with side to side rows and stitch those sides together. No one can see those seams even looking close at that. I made sure they would not shown. They are "invisible" LOL.

About those pipe cleaners. Those opening were to small to just push them in after each branch was finished. I had to make those seams with those pipe cleaner in. You know, like wrap them in and than sew those "sides" together . That was a "crazy" job...

Krys

• 3 weeks later...

Archived