Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

morning peeps!

Sounds like you gals have had more progress than I have! Which is great!! Good Job! :clap

The last few weeks have been a blur! My commitments and extra work this time of year (Christmas Musicals) are starting to eat in on my crochet time! I'm desperate to sew together all those grannies for my brother's blanket. Can't wait to be finished with that! 

I also got interrupted (at my own suggestion!) by a Halloween costume for a nephew, he is going to be a bear for Halloween this year so of course I made him a hat! And his older brother is re-using the pumpkin hat I made for baby brother last year. Now I remember that my oldest niece is turning 16 this year so she has not so subtly suggested a Harry Potter Hufflepuff hat would make a great gift. Soooo...the granny blanket waits another week. :shrug

I love the fact that something you made is getting used again!  You have a smoking hot hook!

Good Afternoon,

I just wrote out the projects that I have started & here it is:

1. Ripple for DH
  2. Wedding ring quilt for US
  3. 63 Square Afghan
  4. Peppermint Thow
  5. Sampler Throw
  6. Cluster Stitch Cardigan

I'm pretty sure that I will come across others as I go & start organizing my craft room.

What wonderful projects! The wedding ring quilt is a biggie - the ones I've seen are gorgeous. You can do it!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much lady! I have also just found out that I also need to make a total of 8+ baby afghans. 2 of the baby afghans, they baby has already arrived & then the other 6 I can wait a little bit! Either, I know that I got alot of work ahead of me. Please pray for my hook to be on fire while I try to CRANK out all this type of projects!

Thank you so much lady! I have also just found out that I also need to make a total of 8+ baby afghans. 2 of the baby afghans, they baby has already arrived & then the other 6 I can wait a little bit! Either, I know that I got alot of work ahead of me. Please pray for my hook to be on fire while I try to CRANK out all this type of projects!

I think you need a fire extinguisher for your hook! :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl

Good Morning.  Still working on the Santa Village.  It has 12 characters and I have 4 made and one on my hook.

Oh I was going to wait till Friday, but I just couldn't.  Here is the new tote.  It will be going out on Monday, but I just had to show it off.  I have liked all my totes, but there is something about this one.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/158035-c’ville-november-2016-tote/#entry2718375

Good Morning.

Thank you for the compliment on the tote.

I have been working on Santa's village that has 12 characters in it.  I have 4 done.  I have stopped to make something special for someone.

I have thrown my list out, as I know I will not get it done this year.  Try again next year.

Kuddos to you, MJ, for not stressing yourself over trying to do too much.

I finished a hat for the little girl - will post as soon as I transfer the picture. I'm making one for her mom, too.

I dunno..... I love a good list these days.... my list use to be  wake up, feed the kids, dress the kids ( or not depending on the day), make sure kids don't kill each other, feed the kids, clean up after the kids, make sure the kids don't kill each other,feed the kids, bathe the kids, wrestle the kids into bed, stare blankly around as I wander to bed.... repeat...

Now my lists get to be fun!!!!

120/230 sonic (Little Tribbles)

83/150 steelers (Mr Tribbles)

10/113 Tinkerbell (Tribbles Mom)

Update... Some done this week...

124/230 sonic (Little Tribbles)

83/150 steelers (Mr Tribbles)

54/113 Tinkerbell (Tribbles Mom)

No crochet this weekend. Went to a coworkers halloween party tonight and going to megacon fan convention tomorrow.

Working 4 days next week.

Oh well, i will get around to finishing the lion for my son but my nephew will probably get a gift card!

Almost done my special project.  One more thing to crochet then I can put it together and get it in the mail.

Today I will get lots done, as it is Football from 9:30 AM (London) till late night. 

This morning I am treating us to pancakes and sausages, then off to my corner to work.

Have a fun day and lots of hugs to everyone. :hug 

Hats look great!!!

settling in for a night of crochet, no trick or treaters here... bless their hearts if they can first find us, then be brave enough to get past the dogs.... they certainly deserve a treat LOL

Slow, but busy last night.  They trickled, then it was like a party let out to trick or treat.  Very cool costumes and very cute tykers.

We got between 50-75.

Here is what I finished and just got pictures of.

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/158046-santa-and-tree-dishcloths/

Wow, MJ, you must have had some stash of candy to deal with so many kids!! 

I LOVE your Christmas cloths! Too pretty to use, of course :yes  :manyheart

Good Morning everyone.  My special project is finished and on the stoop waiting to be picked up.

I can now get back to Santa's village.  I am now working on the Frosty the snowman.  I changed over the pattern a day for Wed and Thurs., I know a little late.  Anyway the next 4 pages are a beautiful gingerbread cookie cutter doll.  She is decked out in orange, shaded yellow, red and brown.  I will be working on her soon.  I keep saying I am not going to get that calendar again, then they turn around and have a pattern I really like.

Have a fun day today and lots of hugs all around.

Archived