greenowlcrochet

chicken sweaters

What's the most unusual item you've ever crocheted? For me, it's chicken sweaters! I made these two chicken sweaters for a hen rescue in the UK. Sorry, I don't have a picture of them on the chickens.

post-65409-0-87526700-1450687178_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

When I read the title, I thought I'd see chicken images on a sweater.  Instead, it's sweaters for chickens!  Just when I'd thought I'd seen everything.  LOL  Great job on them!!

My most unusual item is a pretty standard one ... tooth fairy pillow. 

Well, I don't even know if I can put this on here!  Let's see, how could I say it in a nice way....it's a gag gift that has no real purpose, and I have no picture of it.  It's called a "p*t*r warmer"!  Use your imagination!  My husband's aunt made one 35 years or so ago for a fellow factory worker! :embar 

Many years ago when my children were small, we had a faerie garden in the backyard and they asked me to crochet winter sweaters for them. So I did. I made them about 2 inches long. I made little hangers too hanging them next to the faerie's cottage in the tree stump. After hanging there for 2 days, they were so surprised and convinced the faeries found them. I kept them for years then hung them on the Christmas tree when they were older teens. They loved it!

Edited by ReniC
  • Like 1