Fairy Tales sampler afghan CAL- CLOSING

darski

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Darski....

I said it would be bright...lol!

I don't think it's been long rounds. But then I'm used to making round ripples.... :)

Judy I love your colors!  Mine looks so diluted compared to everyone's bright, vibrant colors.  I'll have to take a picture this evening and post it.  I'm on row 22 or 23 now.  I'm not finding the rows long either but I get bored pretty easy and the constant color change and stitch change keeps it interesting for me. 

Deb, the changes do help....that's why rr blankets are easy for me to make. I'll bet by the time yours is done the colors will look great together!

I'm on row 27 so it's about halfway through the rows but not the ghan as it gets larger as we go.

Mine reminds me of the "Mexicana" yarn from Redheart.  I'll need to see it finished before I decide to share it with my seniors.

I love the Mexicana yarn, Darski!

I have used it for so many things.  I can't remember the last time they had it for sale around here. :cry

:wlol

I think this is round 21. This is as far as I had planned the color changes.

I agree that there's more sc than I realized there would be. It's going pretty quickly.

post-43634-0-44939800-1404768242_thumb.jpg

I like your colors, Judy

Everyone's squares are coming out so beautiful!!!  Now, don't get mad at me, girls--I'm thinking that I'm going to make mine in various shades of white, off white, and ecru--you know, use up all those white and off white shades that never match each other!  But before I get started on that, I have a bunch of other projects that I MUST get done first--finish 3 prayer shawls; finish 2 lap afghans, make a bunch of bookmarks for upcoming crafts shows, and make some cute little teddy bears, also for crafts shows!  Man!  Is there some way to stretch the days to 48 hours each??!! 

Everyone's squares are coming out so beautiful!!!  Now, don't get mad at me, girls--I'm thinking that I'm going to make mine in various shades of white, off white, and ecru--you know, use up all those white and off white shades that never match each other!  But before I get started on that, I have a bunch of other projects that I MUST get done first--finish 3 prayer shawls; finish 2 lap afghans, make a bunch of bookmarks for upcoming crafts shows, and make some cute little teddy bears, also for crafts shows!  Man!  Is there some way to stretch the days to 48 hours each??!! 

Oh man :heart  Be still my foolish heart.  I can't wait to see yours.  I love those subtle colours - oh yeah :clap

I think those will look good. They will showcase the stitches instead of the different colors. I've been thinking that maybe I'm using too many different colors.

You must have more will power than I do to finish projects before starting another one.

I didn't get any more done on my ghan last night.  Spent the day arguing with my computer and various imaging programs.

Will get back to it sometime today.

ETA:I am having trouble with my server today.  sometimes it works but more often not :(  will come and go as it works.

I seem to have destroyed my desktop PC.  I tried to install a photo viwer yesterday - well several and one of them installed junk that now blocks most of what I want ot do on the net.

I'm using my notebook just now but I don't know how long it will be until this goes too.

Will get back when I can.  This sure cuts into crochet time.

I seem to have destroyed my desktop PC.  I tried to install a photo viwer yesterday - well several and one of them installed junk that now blocks most of what I want ot do on the net.

I'm using my notebook just now but I don't know how long it will be until this goes too.

Will get back when I can.  This sure cuts into crochet time.

Hope you get it fixed soon! We had a similar problem on one of our computers recently and had to figure out what to uninstall--had pop-ups blocking the view of everything.

I finished round 30 last night.

Not sure what row I'm on now....24 maybe?  Here is what I have finished so far. 

[attachment=72797:20140707_182550.jpg

so pretty. :manyheart  I love blue.

I just finished round 34. I'm to the point now of having to pick colors based on how much yarn of each color I have left, so I'm using more of the variegated (which I have lots of). I really need to weave in ends before I go any further.

I think those will look good. They will showcase the stitches instead of the different colors. I've been thinking that maybe I'm using too many different colors.

You must have more will power than I do to finish projects before starting another one.

It isn't that I have a lot of will power to finish projects, as you can tell by all my UNfinished projects!!  It's just that I need to get those projects done for the charities I'm making them for, and for the upcoming craft shows!  I NEVER have just one project going--my attention is too short!! :P   I just went through some bags last night and found 4 MORE UFOs!!! :lol 

It isn't that I have a lot of will power to finish projects, as you can tell by all my UNfinished projects!!  It's just that I need to get those projects done for the charities I'm making them for, and for the upcoming craft shows!  I NEVER have just one project going--my attention is too short!! :P   I just went through some bags last night and found 4 MORE UFOs!!! :lol 

I've just discovered the same sort of thing.  I have to finish a baby set that I started a while back.  It has a place to go and a deadline to be there so I will finish that before I can finish this one for here. 

I might just see if I can turn this blankie into a baby set with hat and sweater to match. :think

:wlol

I will work in a row or two on this one just for a changeup of course.

I just finished round 34. I'm to the point now of having to pick colors based on how much yarn of each color I have left, so I'm using more of the variegated (which I have lots of). I really need to weave in ends before I go any further.

I know that feeling... I didn't have enough of the gold colour for more than one segment.  It was about 6 ounces but not nearly enough left to do  that later round. <<sigh>>  I do have extra colours to call on but still.

Archived