Fairy Tales sampler afghan CAL- CLOSING

darski

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why does this thread say closing, aren't you all doing this one anymore??

We are all going to finish what we have started and possibly try a 2nd version but then the CAL will end.  Some CALs are never-ending but this one will complete.

:sheepjump :sheepjump :sheepjump

I finished it!!!

I'll get a pic tomorrow. 

Somehow my final rounds got tight so it bulges a bit in the middle :(

It will be nice for a gentleman this fall and winter.

Yay, Darski!

And my tension was off recently when I made fingerless mitts for a friend. I made the second glove when I was sitting in one room with two dogs, hubby and lots of noise around while the kitchen was being painted, etc. it was a tad tighter than the other...lol! My friend didn't care. They still fit!

I did manage a pic.  there is the full size one and then I took just a quarter in one to show it better.

post-4896-0-09204600-1405882811_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-91072500-1405882812_thumb.jpg

It is striking if not beautiful

thank you all.  I admit to its being bright.

I have been thinking about trying black/white/red to see if it could be done.  Would be interesting.

thank you all.  I admit to its being bright.

I have been thinking about trying black/white/red to see if it could be done.  Would be interesting.

I think that would look good. I had been thinking that  my next one would be 3-4 colors.

Looks great Darski!  I only have 2 or 3 rows to go!  I'll be glad to move on to something else! 

I know how you feel.  One forgets what it is like to do those long final rounds.

I'm finding it hard to find my next project :think

just peeking in to see some pics, and i must say, they are turning out great ladies, nicejob....I didn't do  one, just a bit too, ambitious for me, right now anyway, maybe someday, but just had to drop in to say they all so far, look great!

just peeking in to see some pics, and i must say, they are turning out great ladies, nicejob....I didn't do  one, just a bit too, ambitious for me, right now anyway, maybe someday, but just had to drop in to say they all so far, look great!

Thank you for you kind words.  It is a wonderful - if demanding - pattern.  I am tempted to try another sampler just on my own.

Here's the 42 inch round ripple I made. I embroidered the baby's name on it, too, and used light baby yarn, not WW.

post-8552-0-41947000-1406139538_thumb.jpg

post-8552-0-19342200-1406139549_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Mona and Darski. It was DHs idea several baby ghans ago to personalize them. If I don't have a name or the design makes adding one awkward, I embroider a heart on it.

Darski, you would not believe how many baby boy ghans I have made over the past few years! I think they're taking over...lol!

Now I'm sitting with homespun in my lap, making a super easy(aka, quick) comfortghan.

Archived