Cats 'n Crochet ~ what can we say?!

My beloved old gray boy Dusty Miller is just the sweetest thing and the last of the three cats we have had.

He is a yarn monger and will ingest it if knitting bags and baskets have been left open.

Well today when I got up to make dinner I returned to the scrappy granny ghan I am finishing up, only to find that when I temporarily draped it over my foot-stool Dusty found HIS "canopy den" for the evening!

Cats 'n crochet ... they just go together!post-10396-0-78097100-1396481879_thumb.jpg

Cute! I have two cats who love to get into my yarn and crocheted pieces, too. I also have a dog who does the same. The three of them successfully knocked over a small table I have a crocheted tablecloth on numerous times. I'm surprised the table hasn't fallen apart, with how many times they have knocked it over playing with the tablecloth. I never punish them for it when it happens, as when the table falls it scares them all silly, so they basically punish themselves.  :lol

That is too funny! I can just pictures it!

I don't punish mine either, but ever since we saw him eating a long string of yarn I always try to keep my bags and baskets closed, zipped or up high!

Mom's cat tried to grab her needles when she knit. He couldn't get my hook because it was too short, so he knocked all my other hooks off the table and batted them across the floor. Later I realized I was missing 2 hooks. Mom found them way under the couch with some cat toys  :lol . Over the years, he was the only cat that didn't go for the :yarn:shrug .

Ellie 13

Just like a kid- that's his fort! LOL So cute.

My last Maine-Coon-mix loved to play with little balls of yarn I made for him and paw-batting them into a plastic grocery bag. Then he'd crawl into the bag and go to sleep with them. He never ate them though. Cats are so unique. Sure miss the old man. He was a great buddy.

Archived