African Flower motif

http://blogamomcrochet.blogspot.gr/2012/10/african-flower-squares-tutorial.html?m=1

That is just one blog about the African Flower motif.  I prefer the square versions but I am wondering how my fellow crocheters here at the Ville feel about this motif.

I love the look of it - even in the hex mode but I so hate changing yarn so often - well it is the ends that I don't like not the colour changing itself :rofl

How are other reacting to this motif?  Just curious :think

These are pretty, but then all the African Flower motifs I've seen are pretty! I have picked up a couple patterns I thought I might like to make, but I've never done them.

It's not that I think putting in all the ends is so daunting. I resigned myself a long time ago to the idea of that, because I like to do a lot of sc work, and with that, you have to change color a lot for interest, so I figured I better stop hating it and get used to the idea that if I want what I want, it's just part of the process.

With me, I look at the African flower patterns and I think "Oh, that's so complicated, I'll be forever getting even 1 done." Of course, this is ridiculous, because when I read through any of the patterns, they are not difficult, so I know logically, I could do any of them without any problems. I must have some psychological block about making some. I don't know. I just always hesitate to sit down and actually get started.

I'm with you Darski!  I love the look of it but hate changing colors every round and have all those ends.  No matter how you try to hide them they still stick out in places!  Like the square look of them that you posted...may have to try that!

Archived