MaryPat

Lizards, Turtles, and Dragonflies afghan for grandon

Finally finished this.  The base is a ripple granny (from Project Linus) of 3 shades of blue, hoping to look like wavy water. 
The lizards and turtles are a pattern designed by Crochetroo (although it's actually a crocodile and not a lizard).  The dragonflies are one of MyPicot's motifs. 

I steam blocked the points to kill the dark blue acrylic into a permanent point at the ends.

post-1459-0-59334400-1385301856_thumb.jpg

post-1459-0-73584300-1385301881_thumb.jpg

post-1459-0-82697300-1385301898_thumb.jpg

Really cute

Very nice! The critters really have personality! Thanks for showing it to us :hook

Very cute. I really like crochetroo's appliqués, and you used them well. I have her lizard in my powder room, and I'm very fond of him.

I won some of her designs in a Crochetville auction a long time ago and am in awe of her ability to shape the critters and give them personality. 

I just had to add thanks for reminding me of Crochetroo.

Thought I'd just check out her latest creations and wound up ordering her set of flower patterns, including a hibiscus. I've made 40 of the 42 different flowers for my current flower block sampler, and for whatever reason got a case of crocheter's block (so to speak!) and couldn't decide which ones to make for the last two. So I'm hoping her hibiscus and frangipani will fill the gaps. I had a hibiscus pattern, but with a little tweaking it turned out better as a poppy. Go figger.

And, serendipitously, as a bonus, our Aussie friend sent me the most adorable spring bonnet pattern with a sweet little crocheted flower band through which to thread a ribbon. I may have to again postpone those flowers just to try out the bonnet.